Author Topic: paint type  (Read 6220 times)

Offline FORD F-150

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
paint type
« on: February 07, 2011, 02:20:47 am »
what type of paint is the best for doing a good long lasting paint job?? marine paint?? is it better to take off all the paint off as well as the body fill and put new body fill then paint over?? or just take off all the old paint off and paint over?? i am just trying to get ready to do a paint job so any info would be nice on how to do it or what procedures i should follow..

FORD F-150

Offline granpasboy

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 27
    • View Profile
Re: paint type
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 10:49:20 pm »
I plan on doing mine with PPG's Delfleet, which is similar to Dupont's Imron, polyurathane. A very strong and durable paint that is used on semi-tractors. I have use this several times before in the past doing autobody repair and paint. There is several different brands and product lines to choose from. I am partial to PPG having use it for 20 plus years. Mine is a wood body and I plan on stripping all the paint to be sure the wood is in good condition. If you are working with steel, I would go by the condition of the paint and body. If the paint and bodyfiller are not cracked, you can get a very nice finish just sanding it putting primer-surfacer on the places where it is needed, then spray a new paint job right over the top.
If you have any questions I will try to answer them.