Author Topic: Posting Videos  (Read 5446 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Posting Videos
« on: January 16, 2011, 12:53:35 pm »

Do anyone know how I can put a couple of videos on here ?? I have a CD or DVD I guess it's called of the bombers with sliders on going through 2 & 3 ft. deep snow. I would like to post it here, but don't know how.

OT'S puzzled again....
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
Re: Posting Videos
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 02:31:42 pm »
Did you try saving the movies to photobucket and just provide the link like pictures are done?  You can also upload to youtube as well.
D. Paulson

I thought that I was wrong once, but I was mistaken

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 07:13:51 pm »
 It's on a DVD. How do I save it to PB. ??

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 07:43:41 pm »
I've never have done it myself, but I know it's possible.  I imagine it would be the same loading in pictures.  I think that you just browse for the file on your dvd drive when the dvd disc is in.
D. Paulson

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 07:52:21 pm »

Dave if it isn't something simple or I don't have step by step instructions forget it...  OT.

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 08:56:32 pm »
www.youtube.com/user/danyadidas350 has some coverage of sliders that are not doing so good.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 08:23:29 am »

Cranman there are a bunch of them on YouTube. I saw that one before. If I could get someone to copy of the DVD that I have I would send one to you to show the difference in operators & sliders.
  The setup on that bomber is different than the setup on A.B. Metals bomber.

OT.

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 11:22:56 am »
It's OK OT, I'm too old to start fooling with sliders. When they came out in skidoos some would argue that they were better in slush, but I think they just seemed to be better because at the same time skidoos were going to more powerful engines 2 and 3 cyl and the tracks were modified with 2 inch paddles. Climbing the shoreline , the windfalls , the stumps and sidehills around here, I like the boggies flexibility and I never end up with over half the track up in the air, like the guy in the video. My narrow guage steel will push snow with the headlights and I doubt sliders would be of any benefit except of course to free up some wheels and tires.

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 03:15:20 pm »
OT, the DVD disc contains files just like on your hard drive, so you can navigate to the dvd drive and explore the disc to see what files are on it.  In my computer you can double click the dvd drive icon and it will open.  If it starts to play the dvd on the drive, this means that the auto play is activated.  You can however still view the files by right clicking on the dvd drive icon in my computer and choosing explore in the drop down menu that appears.  These instructions are for a windows based computer.  If yours is a Mac, I don't know how it's done.  I am thinking that if the movie file is quite large, you may not be able to upload it to photobucket anyway.  How many minutes does the movie play for.
D. Paulson

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 05:27:06 pm »

It's 19 minutes long. It is a bunch of shorter clips all made into one.

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 06:41:32 pm »
Well, I think your hooped.  I know youtube allows only 10 min.  Photobucket maybe the same or less.  You could always learn to use some video edititing software to break it down into smaller chunks.  I don't know how to do that.  You might need to find a school kid to do that for you.  Fifth graders are a lot smarter than us.
D. Paulson