Author Topic: Owners Manuals-Parts Lists-Sales Brochures  (Read 18943 times)

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
Owners Manuals-Parts Lists-Sales Brochures
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:02:32 pm »
B_Skurka on his forumsforums site points out that copies of the originals are available from the bombardier museum. I for one did not know this. I had been to the site reading up on the history but didn't follow the links. The order form is available at www.museebombardier.com/pdf/Autoneige.pdf Thank you bob

Offline B_Skurka

• View Profile
    • Snowcat Forums
Re: Owners Manuals-Parts Lists-Sales Brochures
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 08:35:00 am »
There are lots of resources out in the 'verse that we all need to know about & share!  ;D

When I was offered an area for my Snow Trac forums inside the main ForumsForums discussion website we started with just Snow Trac owners and informations.  It expanded over time.  But the one common issue that I found with owners of all old machines is the need for information.  So it is no longer my little Snow Trac area, but is now the Snowcat area and the more people who post comments then more I learn that we all need to learn :o

We have collected and posted almost every known Snow Trac magazine article.  There are others who have collected and posted articles for Tucker Sno-Cats.  As interest grew, the need for sharing technical tips grew and that led to searching out manuals.  You guys are lucky that they are still published.  At the ForumsForums we have been giving away manuals (digital copies) on DVD-R disks.  The manuals have all been donated by members, we scan them and then return the originals to the owners.  It has been a great way to help people keep these old snowcats up and running.

We currently have about a 8 different versions of the Snow Trac/Snow Master manuals.  1 Kristi KT2/KT3 manual with owner supplied suppliments.  Manuals for Bombardier Bombi BR100+, Thiokol 1404, Tucker 222, Tucker 300-900 series machines, Tucker 1300-1500 series machines.  And I have a few more in my office that we are currently working on like LMC 1200 and 1500 series, and Cushman Tracksters.  A couple folks have also offered me some other Bombardier manuals for the B & C bus versions so we will see how many more we can fit onto the disks. 

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/melensdad/Snow%20Trac%20ST4%20Pictures/manuals.jpg
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:44:46 am by B_Skurka »
If you like obsolete tracked vehicles visit my site were the old vehicles still live!  http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Offline Skenman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 08:50:38 pm »
Mr. Skurka,
Id be interested to get one of those disks
when -ever your able to burn in the bombardier snowbus material.
Also would you have any copys of the Chrysler canadian 313 poly head
manuals, my 62 bomb came with one originally. and
I cannot find a manual. There are poly forum engines talk, but most refer
to american 318's same engines slight larger bore. and the 313 can ind engines
water pump housing sits 8 inches taller so a weiand manifold won't work, if
you want to go 4 bbl on the old bomb, etc.

thanks
Skenman
62 wide

Offline Skenman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 09:15:03 pm »
Cranman
I did responde to that museum file for documents 2 years ago
and did not get any response, i should have mentioned that. not sure if anyone else has tryed ?
Skenman
62 wide

Offline B_Skurka

• View Profile
    • Snowcat Forums
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 04:17:02 pm »
Mr. Skurka,
Id be interested to get one of those disks
when -ever your able to burn in the bombardier snowbus material.
Also would you have any copys of the Chrysler canadian 313 poly head
manuals, my 62 bomb came with one originally. and
I cannot find a manual. There are poly forum engines talk, but most refer
to american 318's same engines slight larger bore. and the 313 can ind engines
water pump housing sits 8 inches taller so a weiand manifold won't work, if
you want to go 4 bbl on the old bomb, etc.

thanks
Skenman
62 wide

NOBODY calls me "MR" unless I am in trouble   ::)

I just received a B12 manual but have not scanned it yet.  I'm still working on several other manuals that are sitting in boxes in my office that need to be scanned first. 

As for the engine manuals, I don't scan those even when I get them.  Some of the manuals I get are pretty thick, add engine manuals and the manuals can often reach 200 or even 300 pages.  Engine manuals are typically easy to find at major book sellers or on-line at places like Amazon.com.  Specific maintenance or operating manuals for obsolete and antique equipment, on the other hand, is often difficult or impossible to find so that is what I concentrate on trying to preserve.

I've found something interesting in that many manuals for the same machines are dramatically different from year to year.  I have probably collected a dozen or more manuals for Snow Trac ST4 units (what I own) and it amazes me how different they can be.  For my own usage I printed out and laminated several different years and made a compilation manual of my machine. 

With Kristi Snowcats, they had only a very basic hand typed manual that was photocopied.  I have one of those digitized, but the best part is that one of the actual Kristi owners gave me a bunch of hand drawn supplements and additional technical notes.  So we have been able to help out owners who have referred to a manual and didn't get the answer they needed.

Currently I'm working on a Thiokol 1404 manual as well as a Cushman Trackster manual.  I've also got a couple LMC manuals for their 1200 and 1500 series machines.  The same guy who lent me those also lent me a Bombi BR100 manual.

My goal is to simply get this stuff saved for the future.  I'm amazed at the prices people pay on Ebay for manuals!  I've seen some of these manuals bid up over US$100.  I suppose people are often in serious need and don't know there are websites like these that are dedicated to playing with these old machines we love.   
If you like obsolete tracked vehicles visit my site were the old vehicles still live!  http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Offline houlio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:01:51 am »
I don't know if this helps anyone, but I have the original "Maintenance Manual & Spare Parts List" for a 1949 B12-CS Bombardier.  This manual has been scanned is is available electronically. 

--Houlio-- 

sarksey

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 11:45:30 am »
My info just arrived from musee bombardier. This was my contact.

Andrée Richer
Recherchiste documentaliste
Musée J. Armand Bombardier
1001 avenue J.-A.-Bombardier
Valcourt, Québec J0E 2L0
Tél. : 450-532-1559  Télec. : 450-532-2256
Courriel : a.richer@fjab.qc.ca

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 10:38:18 am »
Greetings,
 I have access to a couple of original maintenace manuals. Both are for Chrysler Industrial Engines, one copyrighted 1941 and the second one is from 1966. The 1941 manual/parts list covers the industrial 218, 236 and the 251 engines. The 1966 copy covers the industrial 170, 225, 251, 265, 313 and the 318. As each manuals are a few hundred pages long, to photo copy or scan them would be a great undertaking (the winters are long, but not that long). The parts list alone is 70 pages. However, if any one would like information or a few pages covering anything on these engines (engine, electrical, trans, clutch, part numbers, etc..) I could photo copy these no problem.
Its May 25th and it's snowing (maybe that's what got me thinking bombadiers today.)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 12:44:30 pm »
grfishmaker that manual looks like what I copied off from Houlios St Brieux pics. They are good but I couldn't get a clear copy. Can you still buy them? I think Houlios says 1949 & yours say 1941. I'm not sure but they look the same to me. Can you buy the whole manual? If so, where & how much?
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 01:03:25 pm »
Old trucker - I emailed you a copy of the pictures. I just scaned these out of an old manual that I found in my fathers old shop. These should be clear though. Anyone else having any problems viewing this post?

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 01:06:29 pm »
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/grfishmaker/1947.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/grfishmaker/modeldescription.jpg
Just a couple more old prints from a old manual. The one page describes the identication system that they used.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 06:26:18 pm »
After posting all these diagrams and information, I expect to see a complete "built from scratch" made in Newfoundland machine from the old trucker posted on this site within the next year. lol

Offline gror

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 09:32:00 pm »
Houlio how would I get one of those electronic manuals for the B-12cs . Ive drawn a blank trying to find one.  :)