Author Topic: what model and year...  (Read 6349 times)

Offline kpm

• View Profile
what model and year...
« on: November 14, 2009, 06:06:44 pm »
I'm not trying to make extra work for anyone,was thinking though,would it not be great at next years rally to have someone take down the model and years of the bombardiers(and of course owners).
  The pictures are super,and putting the models and years to go with them might help alot of persons to indentify the machines.
                                       kpm

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
Re: what model and year...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 07:29:06 pm »
Good idea there kpm.  It was nice last year when Swamp Dawg put down some of the owners names along with their machines on some of his pictures.
 There you Dawg; your volunteer work assignment has been issued. ha ha

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 09:58:22 am »
ty,GR...it was time for a good idea before the year closed in..lol...your WHITE DOVE..is looking great..
                                                                                                                            kpm

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 01:44:01 pm »

Definitely Homemade

hello Claude  Here are some pics I took of a bomber a few years ago that was cut down and made into a track machine. The steering differential is out of a case tractor. I think the tracks and sprockets are from a bombardier trail groomer. They are not bomber or j5. It is powered by a 4 cyl Nissan pickup diesel engine. It is a bit crudely built as you can see from the pic but it works. It was built by Chris Wells from Campbellton. He cut the bomber in half and then he cut the front top part off and turned it around and welded it on top of the rear section. He made plywood sliding doors. He passed away a few years ago. It is owned now by Wallace Wellon in Ladle Cove. I took more pics of the engine area and tracks but they were blurred . I guess because it was raining at the time and water probably got on the lens of the camera. These are the best 2.

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/ladlecoveandmusgraveharbourpark006.jpg

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/ladlecoveandmusgraveharbourpark004.jpg
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 07:23:39 am »

It was located on a farm in Prince George, BC. It is a Land Rover body mounted on a flextrac drive system. It was still in running order when it was parked.

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/FlextracLandy.jpg

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 10:10:24 pm »
HAHA Thats a wild looking machine!

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 06:41:44 am »
I'm not trying to make extra work for anyone,was thinking though,would it not be great at next years rally to have someone take down the model and years of the bombardiers(and of course owners).
  The pictures are super,and putting the models and years to go with them might help alot of persons to indentify the machines.
                                       kpm

Great idea kpm. Maybe something like this could be filled in with a marker & placed in the windshield of each machine!!

OWNERS NAME________________________

NT. NICKNAME _______________________

YR. ___________________________

MODEL _________________________

MODIFICATIONS _________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 08:56:09 pm »
You might be on to something there OT.  Maybe I can print something off this year.

I believe Mary Ann, the coordinator, actually keeps a pretty good record of all the years/models and their owners.  Although its only available to read at the rally.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 09:09:40 pm »
I had great faith that kpm would pull through with a good idea before the year ended (being a good Manitoba lad); but Newfoundland there coming in with a formatted ID sheet with only a couple weeks to go, well, well, ....maybe there ready is a Santa. Now I see that anything is possible as long as you believe.
Merry Christmas to all and All the Best in the New Year.

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 01:54:20 pm »
yes merry christmas to everyone and happy new year!!

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 05:15:01 am »

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 09:50:17 am »
Looks like someone tried to make a J5 out of a narrow guage woodie. Didn't shorten the drive line so must have been planning a chain or belt drive, which would really raise the centre of gravity. Looks like auto brakes which work in summer a bit but not in snow. I assume the front axle is solid and the back set boggies. There is a few wheels there for you and the brake is on the tranny but that is no good for the 300/C6 you have.