ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS Please sign in.

<< < (2/10) > >>

houlio:
Name:          Claude R

Model:           B12-CS
Year:             1949
Gauge:          Narrow
Style:            Wood

Spent months restoring one that was "Tucked Away" for years.  Great project - that was in 2003 - 2004.  Since then have enjoyed learning about all the different models and features.  Enjoy hearing all the experiences people have had with these Bugs. 

REDRANGER:
Bob Michael
Princeton, Minnesota

My friend Bill and I own Bombadier SV 200,Dozer style,  1979 Ford Ranger(red) that Bill put up on nylon Tracks, and our newest is a 65? B-12 that needs alot of body work. we have been going through it mechanically first.  Last year was lights, wiring problems new sprockets and bearings.  This year new wiring harness, change 3 speed trans to an automatic, new seats and put nylon on the skis, tranny cooler and radiator

Averyman:
Clarence Davis, Brandon, MB
Farmer,collector,mechanic,designer and builder.
Loved snowplanes and bombardiers since I was a kid growing up in Sask. Finally got a 1951 B-12 narrow woodie 3 years ago.  It is all origional but I am going to have it reupholstered this winter and put on the new track belts which are ready now. Could'nt find a snowplane so I built my own.

chopperguy:
Name: Gerald C.
Machine: 1948 Narrow Gauge
Body Style: Aluminum
Drive Train: circa '78 Ford 300 6 Cyl w/ Auto Tranny and a Mechanical drive line brake
Owned: 3 yrs.
Love 'em,best winter past time yet.Have yet to weld carbides on ski's for better steering

Cranman:
Name: Bob Huck....Cranberry Portage in Manitoba...Retired 13 years ago from a job that allowed me to bust bush all over Northern Manitoba with the government buying my gas and parts. Hell they even paid me. Friend found an old comercial Fisherman's narrow guage in a cow pasture south of Lake Manitoba. Then I found out what parts cost ! Lots of hours operating other bombardiers, wide, narrow,old,new, J5's,J7's,and M7's both gas and diesel. Broke..em, fixed..em ,sunk..em and pulled..em out.
      My machine is serial #2D4175 built 13-01-53, likely one of the last, if not the last, of the 1952 first year metal, that still had the wooden doors etc. Lots to do yet-paint and headliner etc. but motor upgraded to 265 cid and all running gear redone. Doors and tamarack rub rail redone by Cam McLean. Hope to finish her someday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version