Author Topic: Bombardier season is here.  (Read 6822 times)

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
Bombardier season is here.
« on: January 02, 2007, 02:19:37 pm »
Well. getting back to bombardiers........ I guess the season is here. Doesn't look too promising for making good ice with all the warm temps but if you can't get out in January ,you aren't going to get out at all. There is still some slush out there at fresh cracks and near shore in deep snow. Swamps are bad and aren't likely to improve unless we get real cold weather. Anyway be safe and have fun.

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
Re: Bombardier season is here.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 09:48:09 pm »
Yes the Ice isn't too great yet, but I did find quite a few spots on the lakes where the slush has frozen right to the top.  The most I've seen so far is 22", probably half blue and white ice.

Offline Averyman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 11:58:26 am »
We have beautiful snow on the fields out here on the prairie, about a foot deep, soft and smooth.  Went for a couple of runs with the family last weekend and they really enjoyed it. The snow has melted a bit and should be firmer now, maybe we can get up on top and a little more speed as it was really lugging in high gear before. Machine is really running good for a 56 year old....

Offline B_Skurka

• View Profile
    • Snowcat Forums
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 07:45:41 pm »
You guys are really lucky.  Other than the guys in Colorado and a few other areas, us folks in the US are looking at bare fields.  My farm fields are soggy and wet from rain.  We've had temperatures running 30 degrees above normal and there is no body of water with ice on it and no field with snow!  :(

Here is my backyard . . . where the heck is the snow????  That standing water out there is not a pond or lake, that is excessive rain that pooled.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/melensdad/IMG_0043.jpg
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 08:47:18 am by B_Skurka »
If you like obsolete tracked vehicles visit my site were the old vehicles still live!  http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 05:53:42 pm »
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 04:31:22 pm by Swamp Dawg »

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 06:04:08 pm by Swamp Dawg »

Offline Averyman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 10:58:01 am »
Beautiful pictures Swamp Dawg...  What is that apparatus on the rear of your machine???   Is your machine wood or metal, I can't really tell from the pictures. I've been told that 1951 was the last year for wood bodies, is that correct?

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 05:08:24 pm »
Yes this is a metal body.  The apparatus....well its an auxillary fuel tank from the previous owner. This machine used to be used for industrial use.
We just aquired this machine not to long ago, so this is the first run with it.  Lots of plans for it to make it look nicer.

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 05:17:40 pm »
Shes a real fixer upper, but it runs good.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 04:32:21 pm by Swamp Dawg »

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 10:46:38 am »
Here is a few pics from Christmas break.

1952 Narrow Gauge with 300I6 C6 Trans
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mudflinger150/Our%2052/IMG_0289.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mudflinger150/Our%2052/IMG_0311.jpg
   Dwag, the window you have in the drivers side door is not original is it ? Did bombardier put them in at a later date or is it an aftermarket item ?
   I have an album of bombers I carry around in my car. When I get talking to some older people about bombers, they first think about the 12 ELAN or ALPINE. When they see my pictures, the memories come back & the stories start pouring out about them.
   That's when I find out about who owns them & where these old girls are today. It's true what they say you know, a picture is worth a thousand words !!!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:01:30 am by the old trucker »
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 05:08:32 pm »
That window was put in there by the previous owner, I believe its a custom built window.  Handy to have a sliding window in the front for ventilation.