Author Topic: Couldn't you just smack it up the side of the head!!!  (Read 3642 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Couldn't you just smack it up the side of the head!!!
« on: April 04, 2008, 08:33:33 am »
   Yes sir, I mean just smack it. I just got off the phone after talking to a fellow about a possible machine for sale. It started off ok but then he said he cut it up & took it to the dump.
   Well couldn't you JUST$^&*($@. But it all worked out half decent. He still has the full front assembly( skis, steering, etc.)
Also he has a lot of grousers (cleats), sprockets, and rear end.
He said I will have first chance @ it. I'm slowly gonna get it together.
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline chopperguy

• View Profile
Re: Couldn't you just smack it up the side of the head!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:29:31 am »
Hey O.T.  Did you eventually end up picking up this nice little find of parts you came across yet?

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Re: Couldn't you just smack it up the side of the head!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 09:23:13 am »

No, Chopperguy I didn't get anything from him yet, but my friend has picked up some stuff like the rear end & a few cleats. He still has a lot of them left. Some are worn a fair bit. I will see him soon & check out the front end parts.
  I have been sizing up a machine close to me ( Mike's 57 rebuild on here). As you know I would like to have a "woody". I can't see why I can't get a frame built for it. I measured up materials & priced it. As for the springs, there are people down here that has made new ones from scratch & they work fine.
  As for the swing arms as I call them, (between the body & wheel spindle,) it's only two pieces of pipe welded @ 90 degrees, squat together at one end with the spindle welded on & a bushing in it.
  I have a couple of posts on here now for measurements & ideas. Just waiting to get some info back from the members about their thoughts.
  I have a frame with all the accessories for it out west but I don't think it will work out for me to get it bought in. I need a place to keep it till it's picked up. So I hope to do the next best thing. Like Grfishmaker said one time, I reminded him of Mcgyver. Well I guess I have a lot to live up to.   

after covering a few acres of prime real estate.