Author Topic: just had a quick look @ her!! (ouch!!!)  (Read 3529 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
just had a quick look @ her!! (ouch!!!)
« on: March 11, 2008, 09:52:07 am »
   I just had a quick look @ a  C-18 bombardier  Build date says  16-10-57. Never had time for a good sizing up. Got the model # & build date. Will get all info off id tag when I go back. The flat section you see when you open the right side engine door has a big hole rusted in it. Able to see top of track. Also has fair bit of rust buildup around bottom edges of doors & some on lower body above tracks. Some door hinges & handles are broken. The dash looks half decent. Minus a couple of gauges & switches. She has a three speed on the wheel.
   I noticed a lot of dry rot & deep cuts in the tires. Also the sprockets have rot in them. The tracks seem to have some rot also. The engine is an old flat head. The breather is laid to one side, no battery in it. His neighbor i was talking to says she runs, but that remains to be seen. She looks like she has the same front steering setup as Swamp Dawgs'.
   Can anyone tell me where the  ID plate would be on the old flat head motor?
   I will get a digital camera & take a bunch of pics shortly. Still a lot of snow around it yet.
  The inside floor has carpet on it. Looks like vinyl on the upholstery.
  Do you think I would be right in saying that the tires, sprockets & possibly tracks wouldn't last too long if they were to be used a fare bit?
  Oh! Do the rubber on the sprockets come off by taking out all the bolts around the it??

after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Re: just had a quick look @ her!! (ouch!!!)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:09:39 am »
Listen here kpm, the wife says I'm crooked & grumpy. Maybe she's right. But the one thing I'm not is;; I'm never too old to learn. (chuckle-chuckle) An older gentleman from Houston, Texas once told me when you know it all, is when you make fertilizer!!!
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.