Author Topic: groomerguyNWO (a few projects)  (Read 4581 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
groomerguyNWO (a few projects)
« on: February 21, 2008, 08:34:00 am »
groomerguy how long do you think those machines have been there in beardmore? i know swamp dwag thought the metal looked half decent on them. from what i see, i agree with swamp dwag. i have a post ?? (i think that's what it's called) in getting registered on a possible find near my town. i was wondering what the bottom of that woodie looked like. i'm trying  to get a mental picture of what to expect when i see it come summer. do you know where the serial ##'s would on a woodie?
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline plott hound

• View Profile
Re: groomerguyNWO (a few projects)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 04:58:24 pm »
those machines have been there for years.my dad and i looked at them in 1985,i last time seen them was in 2006.i know the guys that own them and they were not interested in selling them then.used to fish with them,i guess they would rather let them rot away. :-[

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 06:04:10 pm »
PLOTT HOUND , when you saw them in 2006 did the metal look in fair shape?? that's my question. i am trying to get a mental picture of what to expect and look for if i get to see this machine down here now this summer. do you where the serial ##'s are located on a woodie? same as on the metal body??

Offline gror

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 12:23:15 pm »
On mine there,s a plate on the rihgt hand side in the motor compartment ,top corner of the firewall.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 06:47:15 pm »
Thanks a lot. Every bit of info helps for an owner wannabe!!! Wonder what shape the belly pan & driveline would be in after sitting for 20 or more years?

Offline bsonthelake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 09:49:52 pm »
after sitting there for 20 years the drivetrain is probabily all froze up. the bearings are all bad ;tires all rotted the rims all rusted if they were sitting the dirt all them years. motor and tranny are probably all no good if they even have them in the machines.i haven't seen the machines in person just some pictures.