Author Topic: bombardier emblems  (Read 4485 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
bombardier emblems
« on: February 19, 2008, 07:43:27 pm »
hello again. does bombardier have an emblem that goes with the machine? you know, like the chevy bowtie and the ford blue oval?? i don't remember seeing any on the machines that i've seen here. just curious.
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
Re: bombardier emblems
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 08:41:46 pm »
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/grfishmaker/logo.jpg
In the very early 1940's - 50's, bombardier used the heading on their letterheads like the one on the page above. They seemed to stick with this for quite awhile and then they adopted the sproket emblom like you still see around today. There are various old sprocket designs, but they remained pretty consistent. You still see this emblem on alot of todays ski-do and sea-do litature.

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 12:26:14 am »
If you go to ebay.ca you can usually find a lot of the old stuff as well as a few machines for sale. There is usually a bunch of the logo's for a reasonable price and the quality is ok. They make them in different sizes and they make them to be installed on light or dark surfaces by varying the hues of the design. The company is somewhere in Ontario.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 05:23:13 am »
the sprocket emblem just hit me. i have the machine from radar-runs put on as my screen background. it's on the back engine  rad door. i like that maintenance manual emblem. i think it's in time, and looks right for the machine. i'm going to get one made for my shed window. thanks, i will look on ebay shortly. it'll take me awhile but i'll find it.
                                    thanks
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 03:19:43 pm »
A very good supplier on emblems with a resonable price and very fair shipping is Blanch's Sticker Store. It is an eBay Store. The decals that she sells are UV resistant and waterproof and are die-cut high quality vinyl. She is located in Saskachewan. She can be reached at the following email if you are unable to find her on eBay. blanch mercier [blanchmercier@hotmail.com]
I have purchased from her a couple of times and am very happy with the product and service. You can get them in either 3", 5", 10" or 12" and in about six different colors. Black, white, blue, red, silver or gold.