Author Topic: RUBBER FOR THE WINDOWS & WINDSHIELD  (Read 4488 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
RUBBER FOR THE WINDOWS & WINDSHIELD
« on: June 23, 2011, 06:02:19 pm »

Can anyone tell me what they are using for rubber for the round windows & the windshield ?? Mike is getting geared up to reinstall his glass. I think I saw the info here somewhere, but can't seem to find it.

I guess OT. needs glasses.   
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
Re: RUBBER FOR THE WINDOWS & WINDSHIELD
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 07:15:39 am »
I just tried the search function for the forum and Swampdog did a pretty good job of setting up this forum. Apparently I answered this question in General Forums back on October 1st,2006 when I was still a young man.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 08:45:32 am »

CRANMAN, this is a post you made back close to then. I think this is what I was talking about. It's in the body section under "windows sliding", Reply # 3.

Re: Windows sliding
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 08:50:34 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes mine has the round windows and the original rubber isn't good. A local fellow Mr Mclean has done a zillion windows so I went over and got this info:
 The rubber comes in 50ft lengths per case and is made by Cooper Standard ,Specialty Products Group. Catalog No. 75000600 and the Description # is SSWS AS-1536. He gets it from Speedy Auto Glass in Winnipeg. They also sold him a tool. No part # visible. It has a screwdriver like handle 3 1/4 inches long with a pin of about 3/16ths x 3/4 inch on the end.. Just below the pin is a 1/2 inch roller on the shaft. This allows you to go along the glass and install it in the rubber. The rubber goes in the hole first, cut to fit snugly. You use lots of silicone spray to lube the rubber. It is best to have someone on the other side to assist and to prevent the window from popping out while you are working. Hope this all helps...

Would this be the same material for the woody & the metal ??

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 09:02:01 am »
Yep..Should work for both.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 10:12:36 am »

Cranman...Mike said to say thanks. He'll look locally first. I know Winnipeg can get it for him, so he's not stuck.