Author Topic: Windows sliding  (Read 13113 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Re: Windows sliding
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 03:22:48 pm »

I think we should continue this topic in this section.

Gror are your doors blank like mine are on the inside ? I know that wood fits under the glass. If so I think you may be able to use the whole window like Mike has if you drop it down a little lower. I think you may need to install new door skins so you will get a good fit. Below is a pic of Mike's window in my door. Note the gap on top & at the lower right corner. I also have two doors from a 1954 that I think looks like Mike's inside...

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/PICT1069.jpg

Here is a pic of inside my door.

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/PICT0777.jpg
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline FORD F-150

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2020, 09:15:43 pm »
Here is a picture of a sliding window I've been eyeing on for side windows, just wondering if anyone out there knows of a place that makes sliding windows that can be made to fit the bombardier windows

Offline Old blue

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 09:26:23 am »
Sylvester glass and aluminum products in North Battleford Saskatchewan at 306-445-6233 have made sliding windows for the front of the Bombardier after I sent them a drawing of the opening they cost $500 for two but can make any window. For the back windows I took them out of a truck camper . If you go to Northern truck under old blue 1963 rebuild you will see these windows in my Bombardier

Offline FORD F-150

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 12:33:00 pm »
Thank you Old blue, I will look into it for sure

Offline FORD F-150

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 09:52:21 am »
Hey, just got an email from the company. Apparently they do not make windows for bombardiers anymore, so I am checking with another company that makes windows, and I will see what they can do. Thanks again old blue