Author Topic: Slide Suspension Replacing 1, 2 & 3 Wheels with a slider  (Read 4515 times)

Offline Snowbusman

• View Profile
Slide Suspension Replacing 1, 2 & 3 Wheels with a slider
« on: March 21, 2020, 02:36:02 pm »
Has anyone out there carried out this mod? A lot of machines in PQ have them installed.  Does some one sell these as a kit or supplies drawings. How does in work? Sure like to hear about them.  Bob

Offline FORD F-150

• View Profile
Re: Slide Suspension Replacing 1, 2 & 3 Wheels with a slider
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 09:33:10 pm »
Good question. I would like to know the same thing, here is a picture of a set I would like to get for my bombardier

Offline Snowbusman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 01:38:17 pm »
Hello,
This is the two wheel slider system and I think it will work really well. I have seen a three wheel off -slider system also. Has any one heard any plus-minuses on either if the systems. I can't believe how hard it is to get information. You would think some one would jump at the opertunity to supply help!

Offline Snowbusman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 06:51:16 pm »
I can"t believe no one wants to help! We have been asking around for a year now and only one response. We are asking for help and willing to pay............ da

Offline Somethinsomethin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 10:16:01 am »
I’m thinking there were some posts from this site that were lost when this site went down for a little while and then came back. There was a French person who commented about the spider system on here. I think I remember him saying that the sliders added more flotation in the deep snow. About 50% for the middle replacement of the two wheels and about 75-100% more flotation with the front 3 wheels replaced with a slider. You are sacrificing ride comfort and more noise for the better flotation in the deeper snow.
There is a Facebook page from Quebec called “Les amateurs d’autoniege/snowmobile du Quebec” where they show all their bombardiers and the various slider systems they use.
Some use wood for the bottom slider, others look like they are using a UHMW material I would think.
From what I see when you use the longer slider, two of the axles are in a pocket where they slide back and forth for tilt movement.

Offline Snowbusman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 04:33:58 pm »
Still no one has come forward with a supplier or a supplier to buy the drawings. ...............