Author Topic: bombardier rim  (Read 21774 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Re: bombardier rim
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 06:44:36 am »

OH yea... we have a smart alec in the bunch. I'll have to come up you way & pound you up a little... so you'll swell up to my size. ha ha ha. Those solid rims you said are in the pic, would they be the ones on the bottom left side ? The ones that are bolted together ?? The painted ones (big hole) are for his J5's. The unpainted ones (small hole) are from an old muskeg he scraped.
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 04:11:16 pm »
yep....the bolted ones...you will find thy work great on the back!!!......and if you can't install them right away.....well.....then you best start using them for exercise,till you get down to my weight,so you have a fighting chance!!!.....ha ha
                                           kpm
                                                    hard all over!!

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 06:24:23 am »

You have put the fear of God in me. I'm shivering that much I'll catch ya in no time flat.... ;D :) :D :D

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 06:32:33 am »

KPM I have the old style 10 bolt adjusters on mine. Do I have to change everything there to fit the solid tires on ?? Can I get an adapter to fit over the existing axle ??

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2012, 07:38:41 am »
....I only know of changing the back axles to fit the bigger rims...
                                       kpm

Offline sav_x69

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 06:32:35 pm »
You only have to replace the half of the swingarm with the spindle on it. the bearings for the solids are much larger.

Offline FORD F-150

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2018, 09:52:55 am »
I have a few rims that need repair to the hubs, does anyone out there know if Dan shaver repair or replace hubs??

Offline FORD F-150

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2018, 11:45:14 am »
Got in touch with Dan shaver, and he is able to replace the hubs, $50 for the hub and $100 for labour. Pretty good price for good rims with bad hubs, saves alot in buying new "phew" this is more for info for you guys

Offline guidehead

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2018, 03:40:19 pm »
Alpine Guide tire Co. has new Aluminum Rims for your Snow Coach J-5, Muskeg and SW machines.  These are Cast 356-2 Aluminum heat treated and stronger than the original.  All measurements are exactly the same using the same cups and bearings.  Also have Bearing Buddies with threads to fit the original Rim.  See alpinegidetire.com if you need or want additional information.