General Forums > Wooden Bombardiers

Houlio's Pictures

<< < (2/8) > >>

houlio:
Thanks for the notes, it's great to see all the other models on this site as well.  There is a lot of work and creativity that went into these units.

Averyman:
Regarding the finishing of the wood, we used the following:
   From Home Hardware
      Wood Shield - Semi Transparent Oil Stain - "Harvest" from brochure #8927-986

From Chemcraft Finishes (Wpg)
   #620-106 D-Dur Clear Satin mixed with #999-062 D-Dur Catalyst (sprayed three coats)

Chopperguy
Sure, I'm interested in meeting and talking Bombardiers.  Nice job on yours by the way very different.  Ours is put away right now, so working on putting together scrapbook of the project before the info gets lost.

rackaholic
I haven't had to reseal it yet, but the trick is to try and keep it protected from the elements.  It was finished in June of 2004.

houlio:
Does anyone have suggestions or comments about getting a Bombardier appraised or insured?  I spoke with the local small town insurance firm and they weren't sure where to start.

--Houlio--

REDRANGER:
What a clean machine, how long did your restore take?  Do you have any compartment pics?  Nicework!!!!

houlio:
Thanks RedRanger.  This was a project that I worked on with my Dad.  We spent most evenings and weekends working on it for just over 7 months.  I looked through my pics and didn't find any any compartment pictures except one.  I'll see if I can take a couple and post them.  Before we started we decided to keep it as original as possible, so the inside hasn't really changed from the factory look.

Averyman:
Houlio:
I have my Bombardier licenced and insured through Autopac here in Manitoba. (Similar to your Sask Gov't Ins.) Took a few hours of work by the local agent but finally got through. Cost approx. $200.  Wasn't as difficult as getting my snowplane licenced a few years ago.... Clarence

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version