Author Topic: 251 Carburetor  (Read 4458 times)

Offline PrairieTracker

• View Profile
251 Carburetor
« on: September 10, 2013, 06:53:48 pm »
Hello. I'm working on a 251 that has had the throttle linkage modified with homemade parts.  Also; did this carb have an automatic choke?  If so, the linkages are all missing.  I've tried everything I know of to upload pictures of it on here without success.  Has someone got this Carter carb setup and could you please either upload some pictures of it here or send them to my private email?
Thanks
Rod.

Offline Walrus

• View Profile
Re: 251 Carburetor
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 10:25:35 am »
Hello. I'm working on a 251 that has had the throttle linkage modified with homemade parts.  Also; did this carb have an automatic choke?  If so, the linkages are all missing.  I've tried everything I know of to upload pictures of it on here without success.  Has someone got this Carter carb setup and could you please either upload some pictures of it here or send them to my private email?
Thanks
Rod.
Mine has a mechanical choke but its been replaced. I think originally the choke was on the dash, you pulled it out to choke it. Choke certainly makes a big difference once I got mine working, it starts right up now

Offline PrairieTracker

• View Profile
Re: 251 Carburetor
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 06:20:37 pm »
This one had a throttle cable at one time but that has been removed as well.  I don't see any provision for a manual choke cable.  If anyone has a picture of their choke setup on that carb, it would help a lot.
Thanks;
Rod.