Author Topic: 300 carbed versus 300 injected Ford.  (Read 4257 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
300 carbed versus 300 injected Ford.
« on: March 28, 2013, 06:56:19 am »

57 Rebuild's brother Paul is looking for a 300 carbed Ford/ trans combo.      

I came accross a 86, maybe an 88 Ford pickup complete for him. He's supposed to able to drive it away, but he's uneasy about the fuel injection part. 
   Is there much differance in the engines  ??? Anyone have an injected engine in their Bombardier & how do it work ??

I think Swamp Dawg was talking about this at one time but I can't seem to find it.

OT'S CRANKIN ER' OUT !!!     
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline fisher

• View Profile
Re: 300 carbed versus 300 injected Ford.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:26:36 am »
Injection system needs in the tank fuel pump and control board. Looking at the same thing. But I don't have the whole system to use just the motor. Carbs and parts are getting hard to find. 

Offline Walrus

• View Profile
Re: 300 carbed versus 300 injected Ford.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 04:08:09 pm »
Hot rodders swap in late model fuel injected engines in their projects all the time. Heck, Ford and Chevy sell crate motors with the Fuel injection on them just for that purpose. You will get better fuel mileage, it will run better, start better etc. The problem is they can have issues that your basic backyarder like myself might not be able to fix. They are far more complicated. The computer will be looking for oxygen sensors in the exhaust, stuff like that becomes confusing and possibly expensive. If you have a donor truck or car, you need all the wiring, all the sensors, some of which maybe on the fire wall and not on the engine. I think earlier stuff, in the late 80s will be less complicated than newer stuff. Heck you my even need the check engine light??