Author Topic: Wide gauge rad  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Jbuck

• View Profile
Wide gauge rad
« on: February 10, 2013, 08:43:15 pm »
I wanted to put a new rad in my 69 wide gauge bomber.  After much research I purchased a 3 core all aluminum rad off eBay.  It was 22 3/8 tall and 25 3/4 wide with side mounts. It was installed with minor modifications.  Top rad inlet is center and inlet was right hand lower. It also had a built in oil cooler for auto transmitions.  It was delivered for under 200$.  I just returned from a 2 week trip to northern Manitoba and it performed great.  If anyone is looking for a new rad for their ride just search under 1951-54 chevy L6 aluminum rad (Canada).  It shipped from Calgary.

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
Re: Wide gauge rad
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 12:47:23 pm »
I think that's the same one I put in last year.  I also installed a small alum overflow tank at the same time.
Was that you that stopped for fuel in Wadena yesterday?  As there are only a couple bombardiers in my area, you tend to notice those things. :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:53:16 pm by dpaulson »
D. Paulson

I thought that I was wrong once, but I was mistaken

Offline Jbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 01:30:44 pm »
I passed thru that area Friday.  Stopping for fuel many places dragging that rig across 3 provinces.   Did you rubber mount your rad or solid???  Mine is solid right now but might change it. 

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 01:51:32 pm »
I think I cut & rewelded those flanges and just bolted using the same holes as the original.
D. Paulson

I thought that I was wrong once, but I was mistaken