Author Topic: NEW MEMBER COMING SOON...  (Read 30109 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Re: NEW MEMBER COMING SOON...
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2013, 02:59:41 pm »

Walrus don't for get that we love to see pics of everything you do with that bomber... You know the old saying about pics & words....

OT. wants to see how your doing..
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline Walrus

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2013, 07:01:56 am »

Walrus don't for get that we love to see pics of everything you do with that bomber... You know the old saying about pics & words....

OT. wants to see how your doing..
I'll get some pics nd post them when I start, unfortunately Winter won't quit here. Getting 10 16 inches of snow today and tonight, and its been colder than normal. yesterday it felt like January.

Offline Walrus

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2013, 02:47:04 pm »
Changed out ignition stuff today, got it to fire when gas was poured down the carb. Still can't figure out why starter spins as soon as key is on, doesn't turn engine over until pedal pushed but soon as key is on starter spins, that can't be right.
Looking closer this thing is going to be a giant money pit, radiator has had a few run ins with fan??? Not sure how but I doubt it holds liquid for very long. Hoses are all dry rotted which I expected. Gas tank smells like someone varnishing a nice wooden boat, took it out need to get it drained and flushed out. Carb needs to be rebuilt, have the stuff to do that, next weekend.

Clip on dist. that hold cap on is broken, hay wired together so it hold the cap down but I'm not sure what indexes the cap to the dist. Usually there is a notch on dist and tab in cap so you know you have it in right spot, this doesn't have that. Anyone know how that works? Anyone have a used dist that might not be any good but has the spring clips and part that is riveted  on dist. that holds the clips?

Offline Walrus

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2013, 03:43:30 pm »
Worked on the fuel system some, carb off and rebuilt but its way to cold for me, yesterday low 30s and 30 mph wind, today little warmer still have a wind that is cutting right thru. drained the tank, wow, the old gas looks like 10w oil, no volatiles left in it, stinks to high heaven. I hope to get a chance to get new fuel pump and lines in this week, fresh gas and pray it starts, if it starts then cooling system is next, hoses and Rad. look like crap

Offline Walrus

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2013, 01:39:51 pm »
pretty happy right now, and here is why
http://youtu.be/VYtoE_gx7p4        ;D

I now have enough info(it runs) to go alittle further into this baby. Water pump is leaking and it isn't even turning, no alternator. Lower crank pulley is bent WT heck is up with that, how do you bend a pulley? Where can I get a new pulley, for that matter how does it come off?

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2013, 06:04:15 am »
    Walrus is this another clip of your engine running ??? ?   8)

http://youtu.be/ss7bbmgzQLc    

Your making progress... Slowly ..but surely !!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:40:14 pm by the old trucker »
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline Walrus

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2013, 11:04:46 am »
   Walrus is this another clip of your engine running ??? ?   8)

http://youtu.be/ss7bbmgzQLc

Your making progress... Slowly ..but surely !!!
Yes, there are 2 on Youtube. Getting the engine running was a huge step, now I know its worth going further. My goal isn't a shiny restoration but a running B12. Ton of mechanical stuff thats been neglected on this thing. So its going to take awhile and some cash. Whats a running B12 worth anyway?

Offline Walrus

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2013, 04:47:58 pm »
Put tires on the front, drove it into my shop, sweet.

Looking at the skis, it appears there is wood under a flat plate and then the Skag sits on the flat plate. Can anyone tell me how thick the wood is? Mine is rotten. I have some red oak I can use for that. I need to get one skag made.