Author Topic: Bombardier Rally  (Read 4940 times)

Offline Averyman

• View Profile
Bombardier Rally
« on: March 10, 2007, 11:42:46 am »
Best wishes to all attending the rally this weekend.  Have fun with no mechanical problems!  Medical problems prevent me from attending this year but I sure look forward to seeing you all next year.    Looking forward to posts and pictures when it is over....
Regards, Clarence

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
Re: Bombardier Rally
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 08:29:52 pm »
It turned out to be a great rally.  About 20 machine came out, only one break down.  One guy broke 7 cleats in a row so he left his machine out on the lake.  Weather was hot, +5 snow was really deep and sticky, so the bombardiers had had a real work out.

Pictures to come soon.  And video as well.

Offline Averyman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 01:37:26 pm »
Congratulations on a great rally... Just curious, did the guys cleats actually break or did they tear out of the belts?  (just something to store away in the info bank for the future)   How does one retrieve a stranded machine?  My guess is that the track has to be fixed or replaced on site. Right?     Or, can some sort of a sled be placed under the disabled side and the whole thing towed?      Clarence

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 08:28:55 pm »
The cleats actually broke, fairly common problem.  Nothing to serious just bring out new ones and replace it. 

Offline Averyman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 09:18:52 pm »
Thanks, good to know, I'll throw a few spares and bolts in the parts box...   Clarence

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 01:35:10 pm »
Pictures posted in the Trail section