Author Topic: Can anybody supply info on this unit  (Read 8203 times)

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
Re: Can anybody supply info on this unit
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 09:48:36 pm »
It is the Speed Reducer/ Transfer Case. The gearing is 1.58 to 1. The Muskeg Tractor M7's didn't need to change the direction of the driveline and so they were faster. They would go over 20mph but yours tops at 16 and were really 12mph machines. Some carriers had another output shaft high on the passenger side of the tyransfer case, facing forward and high, to run a heavy winch that bombardier built for logging. Some has a lighter Braden winch, lower on the deck and PTO driven. That is the one I used and it was a good setup. Never had trouble with that part and don't know what makes it tick. Is it stripped ?? Hopefully it can be rebuilt. Finding a replacement may be difficult. I don't remember the service it required either but I suppose it is gear oil bath type case. It was a long time ago and the carrier was a bit older than yours.

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 01:04:29 pm »
Maybe try Minesota Outdoors near Brainerd MN www.mn-outdoors.com  They likely have the biggest supply of parts.

Offline AmpTramp

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 07:26:14 am »
Thanks for the help and information. I am travelling right now and when I get to my destinatiion I will folow up on the leads you have provided.
I will let you know the outcome of all this.

Bob Fitz