Wired Forums > General Electrical

Wiring systems

(1/3) > >>

FORD F-150:
Hey all hoping for people to post some pictures here.

does anyone know or have an idea on doing a wiring system with the wiring harness up front to have a really neat and tidy way for the wires not to look like they are all over the place, also to have fuses added in just incase something is grounding and burns the fuse and not the part and will be easy to see what it is and trace it down to see where and what it is coming from, and i want to add some accessories like better and brighter lighting (inside and outside), CB radio, and some other items that could become handy while out in the wilderness. i just want to see what you guys can round up with and see how well they work before starting on re-wiring.

thanks guys
FORD F-150

the old trucker:
   I plan on installing a "bus bar" in front. That is the main power panel (copper strip) that is powered from the battery, in older Freightliner trucks. There are holes drilled on the side that circuit breakers are attached to. All I have to do then is power up each individual item.
  I will also run a (seven way wire) from the front to the back attached to a junction box for my gauges, tail lights, & backup lamps. I will run a 4-5 way wire also in case I want to run something else. I have my utility trailer wired to a junction box. Each light is wired directly to that box. If I have trouble with either light, it's just a matter of tracing it back.  Works for me.

LESS JOINS..... LESS TROUBLES.... HAPPIER BOMBARDIERS.                                                                            OT.  

FORD F-150:
well said well said, less joins less troubles happier bombardiers i believe that is true totally agree with you  :D i am hoping to see some pictures of your bomber once you are done with your wiring to see how it is going and how it is set up. Thanks OT

FORD F-150

FORD F-150:
any updated pictures of wiring systems? because i am trying to figure out what gauge wires to use or what is the easiest set up is to re-do the 78

FORD F-150

the old trucker:

Sorry F-150, no pics or updates. I can't seem to put myself in gear to get things going again. I think I have CP Syndrome, ( couch potato ). I plan to use a seven (7) way wire for mine. I think a couple of boys are using it now. You know the cord that curly cord that connects truck to trailer on the big trucks. It has (6) 12 gauge wires plus (1) 10 gauge wire & it's encased in rubber about 3/4" diameter. It can be bought straight up to whatever length you want. I will put 1 junction box by the motor & another one up under the dash area.
  Look up Trucklite.com & look for # 97151. It shows the curly cord, to give you an idea what I'm talking about. The # for the junction box is 1321. I hope this helps.

OT.       

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version