Author Topic: first talk  (Read 6191 times)

Offline rattleman

• View Profile
first talk
« on: January 08, 2011, 04:41:02 pm »
Hi Guys my name is JM but they calls me rattleman because I am looking for rattles in my b-12 like crasy.
Am from Brownsburg Québec ( mid way from Montréal and Ottawa.
Am a french guy so sorry about my writing I'll do my best.
But the most important is that my friend Marc put me in contact with you.
Félicitations for your website ; it's amasing to see all the work you put in;
And it's fun to see all thoses machines you got there.
Y have 2 B-12 and a C-18
My favorite machine is my B-12 1948 with a 250 GM, auto. tranny with full lenghs slidders.
That machine went in six feets of snow as well in foward than backward.
Normely we have lot a snow but this year we still see the grass .

Offline marcdds

• View Profile
Re: first talk
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 04:59:35 pm »
hey rattlle man see u figured out how to talk to us  ha ha .im looking for info for choke cable long enought for r12 to be put in dash must be about 17 feet thanks guys

Offline marcdds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 05:01:27 pm »
opps this should have been in metal bombardier sorry

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 06:42:03 pm »
hey rattlle man see u figured out how to talk to us  ha ha .im looking for info for choke cable long enought for r12 to be put in dash must be about 17 feet thanks guys

Marc, I bought 2 PTO cables, 1 for the gas linkage & the other for the automatic trans. They can be bought in one ft. increments. I think one is 11 ft. & the other one is 14 ft. I think they can go to 20 ft. long. I bought them at a truck parts store. I'm not sure if the ends will work for you. There may be a pic of it in one of my posts. I will go & take a pic of it tomorrow. I just found the pic. It has a 1/4 " shank on it. Good & sturdy too.

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/cable.jpg
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 06:50:40 pm by the old trucker »
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline oldsledz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 06:53:58 am »
rattleman,

Old trucker is right,  you should be able to get a choke cable at a place that works on big trucks or a truck body company.  I got them for my old Snow Travelers and one of them is 8' long and they can do longer ones too.   Good luck.

Oldsledz

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 08:14:14 am »

Just to add Rattleman... you can see more pics of the cable if you look up Ot's 47-51 Rebuild. & go to page 10, reply# 147. It will show you more pics of it. I think Chelsea PTO is a good source.

OT.   
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline Averyman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 01:49:15 pm »
Might want to reconsider using those cables as they tend to collect moisture and freeze up.  Had this happen to the throttle on my snowplane a few years ago and recently the hydraulic control cables on a new tractor. Now my neighbour had the same problem with his snowplane throttle. Probabaly why the linkages on bombardiers are open rods...

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 08:24:36 pm »
Hello Rattleman and welcome to the NT site. I believe that you are only the second member to join the NT site from Quebec and I look forward to talking with you and sharing any information.
 You say that you have full length slidders on your B-12. Last year when I first saw a picture of this system used on some machines in Quebec, I was very interested in how they work and the advantages and disadvantages that are experienced with this system. I am curious about this setup and I notice that there are a few different styles of slidders used out there. When I tried finding information about these machines from Quebec, I had a hard time due to my inability to speak French. You rattleman certainly don't have to apologize about your writing in English as it is fine.
 If you could, I am sure there are many other members that would like to hear more about the slidders that you use and how they are installed. As they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words". If you are not able to, I will offer to post any pictures for you.