Author Topic: JEFF'S 69 REBUILD !!  (Read 17174 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Re: JEFF'S 69 REBUILD !!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 11:41:31 am »

Betcha that color is going to "pop" out like a sore thumb when cleaned up. Definitely needs shades for this one.  8) 8) 8)   
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline sav_x69

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 06:19:35 pm »
are the sliding door windows factory  or  are they available from somewhere? I am looking for a set for my 61.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 10:04:26 am »
    I checked on the internet & found a place down south in California that said they can make. Only problem is they told me they were $750.00.... EACH !!!!!   Kinda rich for my blood. When I get my camera batteries recharged, I'll snap a couple of pics of something that might just work. Mike's 57 Rebuild first thought of the idea & it looks pretty good.

Of course it's from a truck.... What did you expect from a bunch of ol' truckers  ;D 8)    
                                                                                                         OT.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:09:29 am by the old trucker »

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 05:57:07 pm »

Here is the window I am talking about. It's a little wider so he had it cut & he says it's good to go. It is a little lower than the other one also & it slides. Don't worry OT's got his eye out for this one. The other side was busted up.  The driver was OK.                                             OT.

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/PICT1051.jpg

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/PICT1052.jpg

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 06:18:29 am »

sav_69 what do you think about the idea of using this window in your doors ?? I am waiting to get a pic of Mike's finished frames. He says they look good.
                                                                                                                     OT.

Offline sav_x69

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 03:02:35 pm »
those look pretty close  does the rear slide forward or vise versa???

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 05:44:59 pm »

Yea, I think the rear one slides ahead.. I have seen a few different ones on different trucks that might work with a few adjustments. This one is on an International.
                                                                                                            OT.

Offline WANTABE

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 09:30:34 pm »
To give you another alternative I just had new door windows made for my 1959 Bombardier from a company called Peninsula Glass Company. The cost was $187.00 a window plus shippind and hanleingThey are very close to the original. I had mine made slightly smaller than original so there was some wiggle room when installing. Not too sure how to post pictures on this site, so if your interested in seeing the windows email me at long@mailme.ca and I will forward pictures.

WANTABE

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 06:53:37 am »

Wantabe... I just emailed you. I would be glad to post your pics. I have seen their ad on the internet before. I never called to see what they can do but if they can make something that's suitable to our needs & for the price your talking about, I'm interested.

OT.

Offline WANTABE

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 10:36:15 am »
Pictures are on the way!!

Thanks OT.

WANTABE

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 10:54:59 am »
  AND HERE THEY ARE !!!

Here's his email.

Enclosed is a couple pictures of the windows, the picture of two windows show the new window on the left and an original Bombardier window on the right. The other picture is of the window sitting in the door, not installed yet as you see I haven't had a chance to paint the reskinned doors. The gentleman I dealt with is Jeff Kemp. Included his email address. jeff@motionwindows.com. If you need any more info let me know.

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/DSC00247.jpg

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/DSC00298.jpg
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:07:55 am by the old trucker »

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 11:03:12 am »

Is that company in the states ? They look pretty good. I found a wholesale supplier that makes windows like this. He sent me a form to fill out for the sizing & radius. See what happens.
                                                                                 OT.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 12:24:02 pm »

Does the front piece slide back inside or outside the back piece ??

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 12:26:30 pm »
In the picture second from the bottom you can see the handle attached to the front section, so they'll open from the front back.  Those windows are a great find.  Exactly what's needed.
D. Paulson

I thought that I was wrong once, but I was mistaken