Author Topic: Sprockets  (Read 4702 times)

Offline LT

• View Profile
Sprockets
« on: February 20, 2007, 11:07:15 am »
I am looking for the rubber that attaches to the track drivers/sprockets.    Does anyone know where I could source this.   Someone mentioned Shavers?  Schafers?.    Do they have a website?.   Does anyone know where to contact them?   Thanks

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
Re: Sprockets
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 12:31:40 pm »
That is Dan Shaver. Shaver & Sons Enterprises Ltd. (204) 467-2605. Do you mean the 3 inch wide lagging that bolts on to the aluminum or cast sprockets or do you have the molded sprockets ? If you have the alum or cast you can cut 3 inches out of the centre tread on a bias (not steel belted) tire and it will last a long time but may not be worth the extra hassle if you can buy the lagging precut. It is a bit of a struggle installing but not too bad if you can get the sprocket in a vise and you have lots of c clamps and vise grips  to hold while you drill and bolt through the existing holes.

Offline LT

• View Profile
Re: Sprockets
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 05:48:34 pm »
That is Dan Shaver. Shaver & Sons Enterprises Ltd. (204) 467-2605. Do you mean the 3 inch wide lagging that bolts on to the aluminum or cast sprockets or do you have the molded sprockets ? If you have the alum or cast you can cut 3 inches out of the centre tread on a bias (not steel belted) tire and it will last a long time but may not be worth the extra hassle if you can buy the lagging precut. It is a bit of a struggle installing but not too bad if you can get the sprocket in a vise and you have lots of c clamps and vise grips  to hold while you drill and bolt through the existing holes.

Thanks...I really appreciate the information.    Larry..