Author Topic: KYLE"S 54 REBUILD  (Read 41518 times)

Offline viking

• View Profile
Re: KYLE"S 54 REBUILD
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 03:34:26 pm »
Something softer than puck board, it cracks exponentially in the real cold. Laird Plastics on 8 Plymouth, Winnipeg could maybe steer you to something that would remain pliable in severe temps. This narrow gauge  your working on would be invincible with the added option. Is there something under your skis presently?
Gimli, where men are men and fish are scared!

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 07:17:51 pm »
now your being modest!!!...I know a secret remember..uh huh.
                                           kpm

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 10:54:17 am »
yup Dave
              puck board under them now.....will be buying new ski's (complete)..legs ect..not sure if i'll go with anything under them at this time.
    i'm trying to recoup from my operation ...not feeling good at all!!
                                                                                             kpm

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 05:57:25 am »

Hey KPM..... Who's the pretty looking young woman standing along side this bomber ?? ;)

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/KPM1164.jpg

KPM. is this machine yours too...

OT.
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 08:56:23 am »
....that would be my mom....and I believe at that time the bank still owned it..lol.
                                                             kpm

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 09:35:35 am »

I like the rain gutter over the door idea. Helps keep a feller dry...   8) ;)  OT.

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 12:15:46 pm »
East there OT, remember your ticker.... :D
D. Paulson

I thought that I was wrong once, but I was mistaken

Offline bigbud

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 05:14:52 pm »
wow that 74 looks nice some more pics of that one would be nice to see,what is the chassis number on that bomber?

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2010, 09:24:28 am »
i'll send ot a couple more pics to post of the 74 and look at the # for u.
                                                                      kpm

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile

Offline cletus

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2010, 03:22:33 pm »
Hello Kyle

Now that is a very nice wide guage you have now. This is a machine that is ready for the trail.
What mods have been done to this engine.
We would like to start planning what we would like to do to the engine in our 1974 when we go to rebuild it.
Any comment would be welcome.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Ray

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2010, 12:25:58 pm »
TY Ray
           merry christmas to you and yours..
  the 318 industrail is balanced and blue printed(factory)...with polished and ported 360 heads,steel  crank forged pistons..high lift cam ect....with the 4 bbl intake...I  cannot tale credit for it though...this machine belonged to Gary McLean,and as you know he does not cut corners,it has the best of everything...the main reason  I bought it!!
 ....I  have a STRONG feeling you may have to get further info in the near future from our friend Peter,as he has shown a strong interest in this machine....that would make 7 in his collection ..I  think..
.....and for the record I sure like my 58,the one you saw last year...and have this narrow on the go.
    maybe I should buy that wide from you guys and free up some of your time!!..lol..
                                                                       kpm

Offline cletus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 08:04:14 pm »
Hello Kyle
How is the Narrow Bombardier rebuild coming along.It looks like your helper is no green horn around Bombardiers.
Between the two of you fellows we would expect to see a rebuild that is better than it was from the factory.
No our 1974 is not for sale,we hope to give it the big rebuild when we can get at it. We would like to do much like has been done to your recent purchase.
Our 74 is a low mileage machine that has sat a lot in the weather.
We are trying to get our 1952 in to the shop to service up to get ready to go to our north cabin. When we started it this year it seams to have a stuck valve lifter. What causes this in a low hour rebuild. I think there is only 100 plus hours since a full rebuild on the Ford 300.

Ray

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2010, 07:13:28 pm »
..well Ray
              sometimes the 300 will drain oil from one lifter...sometimes you can cure it easy..just pour tranny fluid down the carb while running...most times this will free it up.....if not you will have to take off the side panel(where the lifter is stuck)..and the valve cover....first try tighten up the lifter...the little bolt on top..if it dos'nt free itself then just replace it with a new one....hope this helps..
.....as for my narrow....let's juz say i'm the apprentice..lol..when we are done though you can check it out...if you like what you see....we'll start on yours!!!.....
                                                                                           happy new year
                                                                                                                       kyle
  ps i'd like to go up to the cabin with you and Paul sometime!!!

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 07:50:57 pm »

......update...motor is done....top to bottom...one more coat of paint and she's ready to hook up...tranny(C6) is also done...have to do the diff yet...brake set up is made and ready to install....still doing metal fabrication....steering rods ect...it will be a long while yet...before she see's the snow....
                                                                                                         kpm
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:47:13 pm by kpm »