Performance Forums > V8 Engines

318 or 350??

(1/2) > >>

FORD F-150:
which engine do you guys think would be a better engine to install in a wide metal bomber, a 318 ind??? or a 350 chevy?? hope for best answers from you guys ;)

bluetoque:
My preference is the chrysler ind.....reason being the 727 tranny is vertually indistructable as well as the engine.Can take a lot of sh.. and abuse....but then again never run a chevy in any bugs I have owned.The 318 is a proven commodity

kpm:
hmm..i've had both....and the 350 with the 400 auto...is my pick.Much more power,and the 400 tranny is bullet proof!!....now that i've sad that..I must also say the 318 industrail is a great set up with the 727 auto.or the std tranny.Much depends on what you are going to do with your bombardier.
                                                                              kpm

viking:
i'm running both in a work environment, you won't go wrong either way. 400 turbo in front of a 350 motor is a great combo though, parts seem easier for the chevy overall. a full load in tough hauling  belongs to my 318. general duty and long distance cruising is always a joy on the chev. the next opportunity is a diesel. good luck

kpm:
knew of one here with a diesel.....it did.nt workout....too heavy....and ran hot....for the record i'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with anyone...juz sharing the little i know...also i agree the 318 ind with 727 will pull...mine was balanced and blueprinted,with 4 bbl,and pulled 8 ..45 gal drums of fuel..yhe horsepower was 355.
                                 kpm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version