Performance Forums > Transmissions

Kick down on auto transmission.

<< < (2/3) > >>

dpaulson:
Sandybay, that is how mine is.  Well, how does the kick down actually work?  If the kickdown was midway, would it shift at a moderate rev then?  The kickdown cables are not that expensive. about 70.00.  Now I'm thinking it might be alright to put on.

the old trucker:

For some reason or other I think that kick down rod should be hooked up properly. I will check with a friend of mine that told me to hook up mine. I think he said something about it won't shift properly if unhooked.
                                                                                     OT's wondering again....

kpm:
When I first started to participate posting in these forms I often wondered why the vetrans(whom usually all own a number or more than 1 bombardier) NEVER partake or answer anyones questions...i'm now begining to understand why.
                                         kpm

the old trucker:

--- Quote from: dpaulson on November 03, 2010, 05:23:10 pm ---Sandybay, that is how mine is.  Well, how does the kick down actually work?  If the kickdown was midway, would it shift at a moderate rev then?  The kickdown cables are not that expensive. about 70.00.  Now I'm thinking it might be alright to put on.

--- End quote ---

Dpaulson;
My friend that worked with transmissions for 30 yrs. told me that on the old 727 trans (hooked up right)   they usually start off at 30 lb. pressure & increase in pressure (89-90) with more gas peddle being applied. If unhooked, it will stay at 30 psi. When you climb a hill it will stay @ 30 psi.putting more strain on the clutches.

sandybay:
I just let my kickdown lever alone not tied to anything. It is basically there so when you step on the gas pedal hard it shifts the tranny into a lower gear for better exceleration. When I changed my narrow gauge over to a chev straight 6 cyl./2speed auto I left the kickdown linkage installed and it works just like in a car. But my 318/727 wide never had one when I bought it so I just unhooked it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version