Performance Forums > Transmissions

Kick down on auto transmission.

(1/3) > >>

dpaulson:
I purchased my bomber with 318 motor and auto transmission already been installed.  The installer removed the kickdown linkage from the carb to transmission and tied the kickdown lever on the transmission to not move so it consequently shifts at a higher rpm.  Is that desireable, or was it done just to ease in instalation?  I can purchase a cable to reconnect back up, or should I just leave it alone?

kpm:
hmm..I can only share with you that all automatics I HAVE OWNED..EVEN FROM FACTORY...do no have a kick down rod..attached...
                         kpm                       

dpaulson:
Well. there must be a good reason for it then.  I best just leave it alone.  Thanks

Muskeg Runer:
Hi the kick down in a auto transmission is a passing gear it goes from 3 to 2. The kick down shoud be unhooked and the lever on transmisson needs to be tied all the way to the front "engine" side of the transmission. If the transmission still shifts up and down you have transmission problems. You do not need the passing gear we have 4 bugs 2 with 727 transmissions and 2 with c6 never had a problem with them in 25 years.

sandybay:
My 318/727 tranny kickdown was tied when I got it and you had to rev the crap out of it to get to shift so I unhooked it and it shifts nice and smooth a low rpm's and if I need it to rev higher I can still manually shift. This was about 8 years ago and have not ever had a problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version