Author Topic: Could be a deal for somebody...  (Read 12275 times)

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
Could be a deal for somebody...
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:10:09 pm »
http://hodginsauctioneers.cusauctions.com/?auction=olsept10&SID=5*7534914&toa=get_catitems&nav=prev&cSL=2

This is an online auction only starting Monday Sept. 13 at 10 AM CST and ending Wednesday Sept. 15.   I think this is one of the ones pictured here.

Item #10

http://www.northerntracks.com/forum/index.php?topic=424.0

1972 BOMBARDIER AA72 w/327 Cu. Inch Chev V8 Eng., 3 Spd. Std. Trans., Completely Rebuilt. Located At Cudworth, Sask. S/N:6093V

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 07:15:56 pm by dpaulson »
D. Paulson

I thought that I was wrong once, but I was mistaken

Offline FORD F-150

• View Profile
Re: Could be a deal for somebody...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 03:52:18 pm »
any news on this bomber? anyone buy it or is he still going to sell the machine or whats going on with it? if still for sell do you know how much it costs? cuz i really want to know, want to get a machine

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 06:42:57 pm »
I watched this auction. It did not sell. It had a reserve bid on it.  The starting price was 20,000.  I think that it was probably the owner that put the first bid on to look like there was interest in it as  there were pictures and more information that was added after the start of the auction, right about the same time as the first bid was placed.  It was a pretty good unit though.
D. Paulson

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 07:42:58 am »

Dpaulson would this bomber be part of the same bunch of bombers that was posted back in January in "Metal Bombardiers" under " Taken in central Sask." ?? The serial #'s are only 11 #'s apart. S/N 6104 & 6093. I was talking to the boys back then & they said they had a bunch of them.
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 07:53:32 am »
It's not one of the ones pictured, but I think it's the same guy.  It was  yellow with black on it.  Completely redone with new rims/tires, 80 gal fuel cap.  It could be the one that was his 'personal' one that he wanted 30,000.
D. Paulson

Offline FORD F-150

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 11:16:39 am »
do you guys know if it is still for sell if it is do you know how much it is after the auction?? cuz i really would like to know are you guys able to find out on this beautiful bomber? if so please post that would be nice thanks FORD F-150

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 12:16:34 pm »
Maybe give them a call.  I am just guessing that it is the same people as the one in the sale.

Bud @ 306 256 7117
Teeny @ 306 256 3301
D. Paulson

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 03:00:54 pm »
    Ford F150... I just got off the phone from talking to Bud @ Zimmers, I think it's called. He said the one that he had on auction.... shown below didn't sell. Highest bid was $28,500. He wants $32,000. for it. He told me to call him back tomorrow & he said he should have a few pics & more info on these bombardiers. If you want to you can send me an email with your name & phone number & I will pass it along to him.

It's not one of the ones pictured, but I think it's the same guy.  It was  yellow with black on it.  Completely redone with new rims/tires, 80 gal fuel cap.  It could be the one that was his 'personal' one that he wanted 30,000.

I wonder what a salesman would get for a commission .... $500.00..... hmmm ??              OT.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 03:03:59 pm by the old trucker »

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 03:18:41 pm »
He is not exactly telling the truth.  This is a cut/paste from the auction.

1972 BOMBARDIER AA72 w/327 Cu. Inch Chev V8 Eng., 3 Spd. Std. Trans., Completely Rebuilt. Located At Cudworth, Sask. S/N:6093VReserve Not Met
D. Paulson

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 03:28:40 pm »

I don't know.... Guess I'll find out more tomorrow. I"m neutral on this. Just trying to help out a fellow member.

Looks like OT"s gettin in trouble.... AGAIN !! 8) ;D

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 05:57:59 pm »
Well, you grade 'A' for effort from me, OT.   I have unknowingly been deceived on  deals before, and it has never ended well for me, so I may just have a bitter taste from them yet.
D. Paulson

Offline FORD F-150

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 06:32:46 pm »
thanks alot for all the effort but i do not get what the guy is trying to do. he's saying he wants 32,000 for it? or  what? he's trying to start off the bid at 20,000 and the highest bid was at 28,500? and the reserve has not been met? im all mixed up here, hope you could get a better more straight explanation on it, and again thanks alot for helping

FORD F-150

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 06:35:36 pm »
I think that he wants 32000 for it.  The auction is over and it never sold.
D. Paulson

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 02:32:35 pm »
   Ford F 150... I was just talking to Bud @ Zimmers. He has 5 wide gauges for sale as of now. They came from Petro Can. The prices range from $30 to 35,000.00   He said he just sold one to someone up north. He told me they trailered it to Churchill & the owner traveled it north for 300 miles.
  Would that put it up around your area F 150 ?? I was asking him to send me an email with a few pics & prices & I would put it on here. He wanted to send the info in the mail but I think I changed his mind on that. I guess you'll have to wait or call him & talk on the phone. The phone numbers posted on here are good. I was talking to Bud Zimmers.
    The one he had @ the auction had bids up to $28,500. but he wouldn't let it go for less than $32,000. There is a '65' wide gauge down here on the island for $15,000 but I think it is negotiable. Only thing it would cost you at lest 4 to 5,000 bucks to get it to Winnipeg.  

Happy Adventures from The Old Trucker  
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:35:38 pm by the old trucker »

Offline pnterdave

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 05:55:11 pm »
if these machines are the petro canada machines, they sold at auction for only $16000 in december, all went to same buyer. you would think the seller would be a little flexable on his price?