Author Topic: Front wheels  (Read 3656 times)

Offline snowgroomer

• View Profile
Front wheels
« on: August 13, 2010, 05:59:24 am »
What do I need to do to put a set of front wheels on my 1956 R12? Can I use one of the middle bogies for this. I am just trying to make it easier to move around while doing the restoration

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
Re: Front wheels
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 07:29:57 am »
Well if you have the front suspension on and you don't have extra wheeels you could move a centre wheel from the back up front to get it around the shop ok. On the older woodies there is a clamp on wheel that is easily made for this purpose.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 01:59:35 pm »
Well if you have the front suspension on and you don't have extra wheeels you could move a centre wheel from the back up front to get it around the shop ok. On the older woodies there is a clamp on wheel that is easily made for this purpose.

Cranman would you have a picture of the clamp on wheel that you use on the woodies ? I could use it right about now. I am putting 4 wheels on her for now to help carry the weight of the engine/trans. I am hoping to start with the wood this fall & could use all the space I can get.
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline 48bomber

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 09:01:31 pm »
Snowgroomer,
  In woodies section my pcs show a small wheel in place of the Ski on the truck that it was delivered on. Simple bolt through the ski leg with a spacer and a small wheel .It works great for moving around the yard to the shop. The pic barley shows the wheels  , sorry.
  48bomber