Performance Forums > Drivetrain

Tires

(1/5) > >>

the old trucker:

I was wondering what everyone is using for tires. When they wear or rot out what are you replacing them with ?? I got a few used motorcycle tires today & put them on four of my rims so they can carry the weight better & it can be moved around easily. I found that they fit pretty good, even though it's only temporary for now.
                                                                                                OT.'s rolling around again...

Cranman:
GoodYear 450-16 C 6 ply. I paid $112. plus $4.50 tire tax and $10 for tubes at Flin Flon tire shop last November. Should be a little cheaper at Good Year in bigger centres.

the old trucker:

Well Cranman, it sounds like your one lucky man !! I was talking to Flin Flon Tire & Alexanders Auto Ranch & they say they don't stock them now & can't get them any more. Guess I'll have to keep looking. Cranman do you have a pic of the tire design ??
  I found out that there is a motorcycle tire ( 110 x 90 x 16", 4 ply ) that is supposed to be pretty close to the same size as the original. They sell for $75.00 each. Tubes are $12.00 each. The original tire is only 4 ply. Would these be OK ??

OT.

kpm:
OT
     people have used ,motorcycle tires even doughnut tires(the narrow 16''tires) that come as spares in the newer  cars....the thing is they maybe ok in the middle for awhile...i'm sure though you would want the 450.16 6 plys on the front and for sure the back...Dan Shaver has theses.
                                                                                                           kpm

the old trucker:

KPM are you talking about the same tire ( smooth, no tread) that is used on the J5 ??

OT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version