Author Topic: Speedometer  (Read 4701 times)

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
Speedometer
« on: July 14, 2010, 08:39:45 pm »
I found this.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Item.asp?item=28-1751

I've ordered one as well as the other guages.  It looks like it will be easy to set to get correct speed and mileage.
D. Paulson

I thought that I was wrong once, but I was mistaken

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Re: Speedometer
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:00:45 am »

Did you order the correct sending units that go with the gauges & are the gauges electric or mechinacal??

OT.
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 11:31:17 am »
The gauges are all electric.  The sending units that are already should be the right ones as they were already for electric gauges.
D. Paulson

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 01:24:17 pm »
All senders are not created equal.  Senders from the gauge manufacture had to be ordered.  If anyone happens to use an electronic speedometer similar to the one in the first post, make sure that you use a shielded wiring from the speedometer to the sender.  I originally used just ordinary wire, and the speedometer was picking up pulses from the wire that ran to the tachometer from the coil.  Shielded wire has a tin foil with a bare ground wire wrapped around the twisted pair signal wires.  This ground wire should be grounded on the speedometer side only.

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab127/dpaulson/Bombardier%20R18/Headliner007.jpg

There is two knobs welded to the drive shaft for the sender.
D. Paulson