Author Topic: BIGDAVE & JEFF'S 48' REBUILD  (Read 8486 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
BIGDAVE & JEFF'S 48' REBUILD
« on: February 18, 2010, 08:43:02 am »

Here you go BIGDAVE. Looking forward to seeing & hearing from you. Now you will have all your info in one spot. If I get a chance I'll put a few of your pics here.
                                                                            The Old Trucker
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline BIGDAVE

• View Profile
Re: BIGDAVE & JEFF'S 48' REBUILD
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 05:43:35 pm »
WOW!! Now I don't have anything to say.  Have been looking for info on making some track belts.  We have several conveyor belt places near the mining area.  The Bombardier place  quoted $700 per belt, $20 per cleat.  BIGDAVE

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile

Offline BIGDAVE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 02:57:50 am »
Added more pics and video. Recovered both sprockets and replaced all wheel bearings on right side.  Finally got it out of the garage and went for a ride. Still looking at track adjustment.  Got mirrors from Jeff.  Will take to our vintage snowmobile show this week and display on trailer.  Friday is the big trail groomer demo and the B12 will be there and cruising around. Inquired at belt place about making belts, no reply yet.  BIGDAVE

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 07:17:46 am »

Offline BIGDAVE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 12:21:44 pm »
Bad day for BIGDAVE.  Getting ready for groomer show yesterday, putting on mirrors, etc.  Friend noticed a flat tire in the back.  It is the one I had moved from #3 position to back because it looked better but the valve stem is worse!  So there she sits on the trailer at the groomer show. pics on photobucket.  BIGDAVE

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 06:16:47 pm »

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:21:44 PM » Quote 
Bad day for BIGDAVE.  Getting ready for groomer show yesterday, putting on mirrors, etc.  Friend noticed a flat tire in the back.  It is the one I had moved from #3 position to back because it looked better but the valve stem is worse!  So there she sits on the trailer at the groomer show. pics on photobucket.  BIGDAVE

AND HERE ARE THE PICS !!

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/BIGDAVE2_2010/pictures/MallShow.jpg

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/BIGDAVE2_2010/pictures/mirror1.jpg

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/BIGDAVE2_2010/pictures/mirrorleft2.jpg

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/BIGDAVE2_2010/pictures/golfcoursedisplay1.jpg

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/BIGDAVE2_2010/pictures/golfcoursedisplay2.jpg

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/BIGDAVE2_2010/pictures/golfcoursedisplay3.jpg

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/BIGDAVE2_2010/pictures/FLAT.jpg

« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 06:43:49 pm by the old trucker »

Offline BIGDAVE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 07:47:25 pm »
Pulled out the starter today.  It was seized up.  Took to rebuild shop. The guy kinda says "what's this"? I told him 48 Dodge truck and he gave me a stare. So I said but it's in 48 Bombardier. His expression changed and he said "oh, the one parked downtown?  I used to see those on the river!  I rode in one once!!"  Haven't changed flat yet, but it is still on trailer.  Jim said "hit it with a 4X4" or something like that. Funny thing is that I had been considering hitting it with a 2X4 when it misbehaves.  But I think he meant to remove the track.   Hope to have it going before I head south.   Been having fun showing BIG BOMB!!!  BIGDAVE

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 09:38:47 am »
I see that Jeff's tire is the old 4 ply,try a new tire there 6 ply and much better rubber..you can watch for rims with a valve guard or have one welded on.Even better for the back tires is to get them solid,or solid filled.
                                                                                                                         kpm

Offline BIGDAVE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 05:14:52 am »
Thanks, KPM.  Looks like nothing will happen with tires til I get back from down south.  The starter was pronounced dead and the armiture was sent out for rewind. Today the B12 will be shown at another vintage snowmobile show/ride on the trailer, then go into storage for awhile.  It has been doing a few miles on the trailer.  It has been an attention getter at our show.  Some day I'll return it to Jeff.  This season is about shot.  By the time Jeff gets it back, everyone will have seen it already!!!!!!!!  He'll get comments like "Oh, is that BIGDAVE's?"  Actually, it is shown under Jeff's name and only a few people know that I occasionally call it mine! BIGDAVE

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 08:34:36 am »
understood....I had a woman like that!!
                                                          kpm

Offline BIGDAVE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 07:29:39 pm »
Posted  pics of Jeff's machine at Blue Moon show and ride. Then it went into garage with snowmobile projects.  Snow is going fast.  Haven't heard from starter rebuilder.  Will try to keep eye on NT while on the road for a month.  Thank you everyone!!!  BIGDAVE

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile

Offline jockochoko

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 09:48:11 am »

BIGDAVE it loks like my bomber is coming along great !!

Jockochoko

Offline BIGDAVE

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 08:14:30 pm »
Jocko, I'm back in town.  Got starter back and running. $335  Took track off and will replace the back tire tube. Pic on Photobucket. Still have your info from show.  BIGDAVE