Author Topic: Owners Manuals-Parts Lists-Sales Brochures  (Read 18925 times)

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
Re: Owners Manuals-Parts Lists-Sales Brochures
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 11:11:53 pm »
Yes, I'm curious also. I never realized that they were available. When "the old trucker" mentioned that I had to go back to Houlios' old post and see what he was talking about. I had missed that.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 06:50:46 am »
Old trucker - I emailed you a copy of the pictures. I just scaned these out of an old manual that I found in my fathers old shop. These should be clear though. Anyone else having any problems viewing this post?

grfishmaker I have no trouble viewing this post. I't perfect. I just can't seem to get it clear. the ##s get blurred when i enlarge it to read.  could be me too, i'm not very good with computers
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 09:46:09 am »
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/grfishmaker/newerskidesign.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/grfishmaker/newsteering.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/grfishmaker/rearsuspension.jpg
Here's just a few different diagrams showing some of the changes that they made to the steering, ski and rear suspension design.
Cranman, I can see what you meant then you were mentioining about the linkages. I see by the rear suspension picture: the metal links you said they tried instead of the chain linkage. Why did you say it gave problems? Was it freeing up or just not standing up to the rigorous movement of the suspension? Interesting thou. I supose they tried alot of different modification to their machines before they decided what worked best.
Hope it is clear enough for everyone. The suspension picture is the most faded in my book.

Offline houlio

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 07:33:07 pm »
gror - I have the manual scanned in and put it up on a temporary website at the website address below - I also have an original color brochure from the same time period that I scanned.  The site isn't the most user friendly - but if you click on the pictures it will take you to the rest of them.  There are also a few videos there - if I have a chance I will see about cleaning it up a bit.   

http://st.brieux.com/bomb

If you have problems let me know
Houlio

Offline gror

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 09:15:42 pm »
THANKS alot Greatly appreciated, Have a lot of work to do on the old girl this summer so manual may come in handy, Post pics when im done..

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 05:31:29 am »
Hey gror, would you mind throwing in 1 picture of the old girl, now before you start?    I'm itching to see her!!!

Offline gror

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 09:28:26 am »
I have 3 pictures under the heading of Pics of my 50 Narrow gauge,In General Discussions page2 , they were taken in 2002 when it was restored , wrong plywood was used so it didnt last.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 09:30:51 am by gror »

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 01:47:49 pm »
Sorry about that gror. I thought yours was a metal body. What was used regular plywood? What are you planing to use now? a marine grade plywood? Is there anything else you can use that is waterproof? What thickness ply would normaly be used.  Is the framing all right & just the plywood gone? How are you going to fasten the new plywood on? Use brass or stainless screws. You thinking about painting again or putting on a light stain of some sort.