Author Topic: 51 narrow woodie body shaft and axel shaft bearings and seals  (Read 6214 times)

Offline jerry7063

• View Profile
51 narrow woodie body shaft and axel shaft bearings and seals
« on: January 03, 2010, 11:04:04 pm »

jerry here again looking for more help! while I was replacing the rear end axel seals I decided to look at the body needle bearings and seals and the boogie wheel bearings and seals! didn't like what I found!I appreciated the part numbers for the axel seals and now have my local parts man looking for them. now I need your help again anybody have part numbers for the needle bearings and seals on the body shafts and the roller bearings and seals on the boogie wheel shafts??I really appreciate all your help! I'm dieing to get this thing together and out on the lake,went fishing last week 30 below 0,way to cold to be riding a snowsled out to the fishhouse!!!

Thanks again,

Jerry

Offline Averyman

• View Profile
Re: 51 narrow woodie body shaft and axel shaft bearings and seals
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 12:04:21 am »
Inner wheel Brgs - Cup 15250 - Cone 15112
Outer                - Cup 09074 - Cone 09196
Wheel Seal 13865
These are SKF #'s through NAPA

I have no info on the needle Brgs

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 05:14:11 am »

Jerry here again looking for more help! while I was replacing the rear end axle seals I decided to look at the body needle bearings and seals and the boogie wheel bearings and seals! didn't like what I found!I appreciated the part numbers for the axle seals and now have my local parts man looking for them. now I need your help again anybody have part numbers for the needle bearings and seals on the body shafts and the roller bearings and seals on the boogie wheel shafts??
 Thanks again,

Jerry
     Did you call Shavers in Stonewall?? Jerry I think those 4" long needle bearings are like a piece of 1/4" cold roll. Mine are pretty good except for the 2 sleeves that hold them in place. I may have to see Shavers for new brass bushings if I can't pick up some localy. Some of the cup washers that hold the needles in the boggie on mine are almost worn through. I had a few 50 thousand shims cut to put inside. Also if you go to a truck parts store, ask them for shims for the king pins.The ones I got were 2" ID & 3" OD. You can get them 10 thou & up. They fit perfectly. I think I have the numbers for the boggie wheel somewhere in my emails. I'll have a look.
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline oldsledz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 05:38:58 am »
Jerry,

Contact Dan Shavers.  He has bronze bushings and you can replace all the needles and shims and put these in.  The work real nice.

Oldsledz

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 05:57:24 am »

There you go, my friend. Dan Shaver will know the numbers for the bearings also. His phone number is on here somewhere.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 05:35:56 pm »
 Swamp Dawg would you know anything about U.H.M.W. polyethylene ?? I can get it in a 3" thick roll. They tell me it's tougher than steel. Think it's any good for bushings instead of brass ?? I have to start watching my budget. Ha Ha Ha. I have posted a spec sheet below.

UHMW polyethylene is an outstanding choice in material when you need a relatively low cost abrasion, impact, and chemical resistant material. UHMW is used in extreme wear situations such as hopper liners, conveyer systems, marine fender pads, and sand and gravel movement. UHMW is not uv stabilized and will have a shortened life if used outdoors.

Property Units   UHMW
Search

Water Absorption (Saturation) %  NIL
Tensile Strength (73 F) PSI  2,600
Flexural Strength (73 F) PSI  -
Compressive Strength (10% Deflection) PSI  -
Shear Strength (73 F) PSI  -
Impact Strength, Notched Izod (73 F) Ft-Lbs/In.  19-34
Elongation at Break (73 F) %  50-250
Tensile Modulus of Elasticity (73 F) PSI  101,500
Flexural Modulus of Elasticity (73 F) PSI  102,000
Hardness - Rockwell & Burnell (73 F) Various Scales  R68
Density Lbs/In  
Coefficient of Friction (Dynamic) None  0.16
Wear Factor (K) in. -min/Ft-Lbs-Hr  -
Limiting PV PSI/FPM  -
Abrasion Resistance Index None  
Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion In./In./F  1.1 x 10-4
Continuous Service Temperature - in Air (max.) F  180
Deflection Temperature (264 PSI) F  -
Melting Point F  278
Deformation Under Load (2000 PSI, 122 F) %  -
Dielectric Strength Volts/Mil  2,300
Volume Resistively Ohm-CM  -
Dielectric Constant (1 kHz) None  -
Dielectric Constant (1 MHz) None  -
Dielectric Constant (60 Hz) None  -
Specific Gravity None  0.94
Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion (-40 F to 300 F) (E-831) None  1.1 x 10-4
Heat Deflection Temperature @ 264 psi (D648) F  
Vicat Softening Point (D1525)  F  
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 05:39:02 pm by the old trucker »

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 07:27:30 pm »

Members of NT., google  garlandmfg.com. Have a look around. There is a menu on the left side, look up applications & check it out. Seems like it should be great for making bushings for the bogies... & at a fraction of the cost of brass. Brass is what.. $70-80 bucks a piece. This stuff is about $20 bucks each. I can buy it downtown for $32 dollars for a 2 ft. length. The machinist says he can do all 8 in 1.5 hrs.
  What do you think of it ??
It's the stuff they use on snowmobile sliders & sprockets.

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 01:23:36 pm »
I know Dan Shavers does a great job on his!!
                                                              kpm

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 03:03:54 pm »

I would say Dan does an excellent job on the parts that he builds. It's too bad that I live so far away from him. KPM, I'm trying to keep the cost down. My stash is not so big as it was. Gotta rebuild it.

a poor ol' trucker..