Performance Forums > Drivetrain

Brakes

<< < (2/5) > >>

cletus:
Snowbusman
We quickly rigged up a caliper brake set up in our Bombardier equipped with a Chev 1 ton diff.  We mounted the caliper support plate to the top pinion flange bolts,then fabed up an angle iron frame that the caliper can float on.  The picture will give you an idea of the design.  On a diff with no pinion bolts you will be forced to weld an attachment to the housing to support the caliper assembly.  I can supply a drawing at a latter date.  Good luck.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mudflinger150/Caliper%20Brake/Bombardier1952014.jpg

rackaholic:
I was wondering if this brake could be run off a hydrolic pump being there is one installed already?Any info would be great.

Snowbusman:
I wonder if a hydraulic hand pump unit would work?
We use them in helicopters for rotor brakes. Pull On/Push Off.
Either way something has to be attached to the Differential to mount the caliper

Great info
Bob

the old trucker:

Is there any way that you can use an " E BRAKE " setup from vehicles from the 60's up?  I was showing a friend the setups that were shown on here for brakes. He showed me the replacement shoes for his 2003 Chevy pickup. They are not very big. Maybe they can be hooked up somehow with a cable to the pedal, doing away with calipers, brake lines & brake fluid. I guess there's a bit of fabrication involved in  mounting it. It's an idea. Any one think this could work??

The Old Trucker

kpm:
I have disc brake on my wide gauge,i'll try and take some pictures of the set up in the near future
                                                                           kpm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version