Author Topic: Grfishmaker's '47 rebuild  (Read 40866 times)

Offline orin

• View Profile
Re: Grfishmaker's '47 rebuild
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2009, 05:49:58 pm »
Do you still have the front peace of plywood off? I was looking at mine today and thought it sure is easy to change the bolts on the top of the springs/shocks like this. They sure are a pain to change any other time. Just a thought.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 10:27:39 am »

Grfishmaker if you google in  jproc.ca/rrp/akla.html  & you scroll down a little, you'll see a nice looking dash in a b12. It looks easy to build out of the plywood you have left. It's something along the lines of what I was thinking about doing, unless you get me some pics of Darrell's machine  with the "birds eye maple", when you go to see them.
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2009, 08:51:37 pm »

Grfishmaker this email is from Retmech. Thought it may help you or one of the members out.

hello claude  you have a nice job done on your engine with the cleaning and painting. i see you took your distributor out. are you going to get it back without any problem. if you need any help you can let me know. do you have your engine put back together yet, because there are a few things that you should know before you do, also if you take off the clutch fan and replace it with a regular one you need to check the clearance for the fan from the bottom pulleys . sometimes a spacer is needed between the fan pulley and the fan. you may get a seven blade fan from a bigger truck such as a 6 or 7 hundred series to fit. 

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2009, 09:14:56 pm »
Thanks there OT; any and all information is appreciated. I am presently trying to clean up and paint the doors. Banged out the major dents in the main doors, but have to get the cargo door re-skinned.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2009, 07:36:08 pm »

Grfishmaker, how many wires are inside the wire loom you ran to the front & can you tell me what each one is for ?? Thanks OT.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2009, 10:34:06 pm »
OT- I've been away for the past few days and gone again tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know that I'm not ignoring you and will check out my wiring when I get back. I know how mad you get when you are ignored (that's a pretty common traite in old people). I dropped off my cargo door down south to get re-skinned and also dropped off some cardboard templates of my windows to be cut up in The Pas. Stopped in to see kpm but he's still missing in action (couldn't even find klm). 

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2009, 06:42:03 am »

(Quote from Grfishmaker)
   I know how mad you get when you are ignored (that's a pretty common traite in old people).

I'll let you know when I reach your age !! ha ha ha

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2009, 03:21:23 pm »
I can be pretty smartass when I'm 1000 miles away. Plus I think I can run faster scared than you can mad. ha ha

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2009, 05:55:49 am »

Grfishmaker have you got a pic of your new cargo door & did you get it done @ Shavers?? How's work coming along with your rebuild?        OT.

Offline kpm

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2009, 09:51:51 am »
well,grfishmaker touched base with me,we had a nice vist over a cup of tea.showed him the ceiling of the one bombardier(66 wide)that 's been done in cedar..and he checked out my other one (58 wide),always a new idea to be found when looking at someone else's machine!!
                                                                                             kpm
                                                     merry christmas to all!!!!

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2010, 04:29:35 pm »
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/grfishmaker/hummingbrid351.jpg
 Well here she is in my new garage. This is where I intended to get the woodwork done and painted up before frost arrived and slowly peck away on the rest of the work before snowfall. This was "PLAN A".

Grfishmaker when you are ready to put the windshield in place are you going to use that metal piece for mounting the glass into, or can you build the glass into the frame, like Cam's & Oldsledz??

OT.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2010, 06:43:10 pm »
 I'm going to use the metal frame rather than the original type instalation directly into the plywood. Unlike alot of the machines on this site, this machine is going to see alot of willows and tight going. That's why I didn't bother going the varnished type rebuild. I hope to give a few moose a ride over the next few years, so nothing fancy....just as long as it is realiable and doesn't leave me walking. I have all the glass cut, now all I need is a kick in the rear to get going at it again.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2010, 07:49:08 pm »

All you got to do is turn around my friend...just turn around.. I'd be glad to help you any way I can. ha ha ha  ;D :D :)

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2010, 08:07:31 am »
Well now, that is a very generous offer there OT, but I would hate to see you come to the mainland just for that, so I got going working on my machine last month. I will post pictures of my progess in the next few days.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2010, 03:41:53 pm »

Grfishmaker how are you getting along with the new dash ?? Any plans yet ?? Those pics I sent do any good ? I'm kinda hung up on my progress. Waiting for new cables for throttle & trans. I'm figuring out if I should put 1/2" shims under the diff or cut a hole in the pan for more clearance. I blame the trouble on the new, thicker plate on the tunnel. I will check out that rad this weekend as I am going for another checkup on Saturday.
                                                                                     OT.