Author Topic: paint code for the doors on varnished machine  (Read 6100 times)

Offline oldsledz

• View Profile
paint code for the doors on varnished machine
« on: June 29, 2009, 08:04:42 pm »
help!  Does anyone have the paint code for the metal doors on the varnished b12's?  Guy at the Bombardier museum gave me a BASF #79984 and it does not seem to work here at the local NAPA store.  i am sure it is the right number,  but it is and old one so it may  not be in any current data base.  Hulio,  did you re-paint your b-12 doors?

Thanks

Oldsledz

Offline Wascana

• View Profile
Re: paint code for the doors on varnished machine
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 08:40:31 am »
I am new to this site.  I have a 1948 B-12 that I am starting to restore.  It was originally varnished (I think) as the steering column is tan in colour but the exterior had been repainted red.  I would like to restrore to as close to original as possible.  Do you have any more information on the paint codes for the tan colour?

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 02:57:45 pm »

Welcome aboard Wascana !! If you look up wooden bombardiers, go to VARNISHED MACHINES,  click on page 5 & find reply # 65, you'll find out what Oldsledz did to his.
  Would you have any pictures of your machine for an old trucker to have a look at ??

OT.               
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline Wascana

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 08:28:26 pm »
Thank you for the reply Old Trucker.  I do have pictures that I will post & I will get those as soon as possible.  I went through all of the posts on varnished machines.  There is much there that I can learn from what Oldsledz has done.  I am looking forward to moving along with this project!

Thanks,
Wascana

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 08:40:16 pm »

Glad to see we're all gaining information from each other. This is great  8) ;D :)....  OT.
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline oldsledz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 05:37:52 am »
Let me know if I can help you...

Oldsledz