Author Topic: Varnished Machine--  (Read 61162 times)

Offline oldsledz

• View Profile
Re: Varnished Machine--
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2009, 06:44:58 pm »
Grfishmaker,   truth be known,  i INTENTIONLY left that screw out to test O.T.'s attention to detail,  well the jury is out so I will have to do allot better job of keeping the details up to O.T.s strict specifications!!!!!!

Oldsledz

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2009, 04:16:11 am »

And don't you forget that either.... SONNY !!!! >:(  Ha Ha Ha !!!
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2009, 05:02:42 am »
   Oldsledz, what happened to ya.  ??? ??? We never heard from you since the middle of last month!! :(  I hope you didn't take my last post seriously.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 05:07:19 am by the old trucker »

Offline oldsledz

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2009, 06:13:01 am »
Sorry O.T.  for the radio silence.  I have been doing the "little" things to the b-12.  All the windows are in,  the 2 rear side doors are on.  Last night I took the skis off and am going to take the suspenson to my buddy the machinist to tighten up all the moving joints so the steering should be top shelf.   The interior is ready and I may pick it up this week-end.  Just got new interior door handles and escutions (1936-48 ford) so now I can assemble the door panels.  My goal this week end is to take the tracks off and pull the wheels,  check all the bearings,  paint the underside of the machine, and get the wheels painted.  So at this moment there are no WOW photos to send.  Anyway,  I am alive and well.  Had to close up the camp so that took up a week end, so now I am ready for the final push to finish by mid December.  I  owe you some templates and this is on my to do list as well.

Oldsledz

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2009, 06:50:17 am »

Just remember to take lots of pics. Good luck !!!! ;D :)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2009, 12:00:37 pm »

oldsledz

paint code for the doors on varnished machine
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:04:42 PM » Quote 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
help!  Does anyone have the paint code for the metal doors on the varnished b12's?  Guy at the Bombardier museum gave me a BASF #79984 and it does not seem to work here at the local NAPA store.  i am sure it is the right number,  but it is and old one so it may  not be in any current data base.  Hulio,  did you re-paint your b-12 doors?
Thanks
Oldsledz

Oldsledz did that BASF paint code work out OK, or did you use something else ??

OT.

Offline oldsledz

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2009, 03:03:19 pm »
Negative.

Could not get the number to cross over here in the states so I ended up using a 1962 Chrysler color.  A bit lighter than I wanted,  but acceptable.

Oldsledz

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2009, 06:32:33 am »

Oldsledz I may be color blind but I looked around the internet just now & I thought I came up with a color that to me resembles what's on Cam's doors & looks similar to Houlios. PPG Industries has a # 81570, called Bahama Yellow.
  Also check out autocolorlibrary.com. Just may help. Do you think Bombardier would get upset if I painted my machine simalur to Cam's or yours instead of blue ?? 

Offline oldsledz

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2009, 06:44:13 am »
What I have found is that the color chip didt exactly match the color that Cam gave me.  I actually have a piece of the paint he used and matched it exactly to the chip,  but when it was painted,  it came out lighter.  It seems to match the color of the one on the Bombardier Museum website so I hope I am still within the parameter.

Oldsledz

P.S.  Natural wood is a thing of beauty.  One of my customers saw the machine,  "It looks like an old Chris Craft on snow"  Just my 2 cents worth.  I would love to have a blue and burgandy one as well.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2009, 10:22:41 am »
Oldsledz Here With My Newest Update !!

Parts everywhere! Got all the track and suspension parts out of the Bomber and the old style needle bearing suspension is a bit rusty and has worn grooves in the tin bushings so I am going to update it with bronze bushings so I can get another 60 years out it. Tires are off the rims and ready for sandblasting, all new bearings and seals are on order. I think I am finally on the home stretch with maybe another month or so. My local machinist has to make 3 new spindles for the bearings were run loose and damaged them. Another thing that I discovered are the 6 bushings that go behind the inner wheel bearings (the part the seal rides on) are also worn. Dan does not have them those are being made up also. Pulled out the axles last night and got to get new seals and bearings on order today for them as well. And last-- thanks to everyone on the N.T. forum for all the help, guidance, and information. It would have been allot tougher without it.    Oldsledz

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/BOMBARDIERB12314.jpg

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/BOMBARDIERB12315.jpg

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2009, 10:47:52 am »

QUOTE FROM OLDSLEDZ

And last-- thanks to everyone on the N.T. forum for all the help, guidance, and information. It would have been allot tougher without it.    Oldsledz

Oldsledz.... I feel the same way !! Without this group of people I don't think I would have even thought about doing anything like this !!

The Old Trucker is Truckin' on Thru' !!!

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2009, 06:47:51 am »
   Oldsledz I noticed in a couple of pics of your engine that you have the manifolds painted. What kind of paint did you use on them ?? And do you think the paint is going to stay on ??
   I noticed on the net that " vhtpaint.com/flameproof.html" has a paint that is good to 2,000 degrees of heat. Anyone think this will stay on ??
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 06:58:40 am by the old trucker »

Offline oldsledz

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2009, 11:16:18 am »
GO to www.eastwood.com   they supply top notch restoration supplies.  I have used this paint on many of my antique snomobile restorations and it seems to last the longest.  Go on line and order a catalog.

Oldsledz

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2009, 07:28:01 pm »

Thanks. Got catalog coming.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2009, 09:15:47 am »
    Another update from OLDSLEDZ 

Charles, you are right, i have many copies of the newspaper from Sherbrooke in the doors of the b-12. Most of them are dated April 28, 1948. Frank

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/img_0064.jpg

Oldsledz, when I took the old wood off my doors it was stuffed with old newspapers also. Some of it was dated December 13, 1947. I'm thinking mine maybe a late 47 or early 48.
                                                                                                                  OT.