Author Topic: Suspension adjustment  (Read 3849 times)

Offline LT

• View Profile
Suspension adjustment
« on: January 17, 2007, 08:19:43 pm »
I just acquired a narrow guage.   Having seen these in West Yellowstone many years ago, I have always dreamed of owning one.   I had no idea as to narrow guage or wide guage or what the difference was.  So I am learning quickly.   The machine I picked up is a 1951 6cyl and 6volt.   We will change it over to 12v shortly.

I do have a question though as it relates to front suspension.    My machine which I am told is a B12, seems to have one front knuckle (??if that is what it is called) sagging more than the other side.    My question is: can this be adjusted and if so, how would I go about doing it?  Any help would be greatly appreicated.

I acquired the machine simply for pleasure and so far, it is a riot.   

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
Re: Suspension adjustment
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 09:25:59 pm »
Discussed this today with a couple guys that know. They say there is no way to adjust the suspension but the "straightness" of the stance of the front end requires that all the boggies and chains be the same length. The boggies have internal springs and mechanisms that take the load. The two on front that support the skiis are identical to the four in the track suspension. If you have one weak or collapsed on the back it could result in the front being higher on the oppositr side. It is important that the two on front match. Perhaps someone has changed one of your front boggies or has replaced one of the chains with a different length. Shaver Industries at Stonewall ,Manitoba can likely either rebuild both or sell you a matched pair to staighten things up for you. Hope this helps.