Author Topic: Posting pictures  (Read 13208 times)

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
Posting pictures
« on: January 16, 2007, 05:29:57 pm »
For those of you that want to post pictures.

At this time our forum system is not able to upload pictures to it, which is annoying. We may be changing our forum system in the future to accommodate our needs better.

So for now we have to link our pictures from A) Your own website B) Image hosting service C) or if thats to complicated
you can send your pictures to our main NT email and tell us where you want it posted.

Linking from an image hosting site is done by copying the html code they provide with your picture and pasting it into your forum topic.

Here is a site I like for image hosting.
http://photobucket.com/

Email us with your questions at   info@northerntracks.com

Thanks
NT Team
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:04:12 am by Swamp Dawg »

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
Re: Posting pictures
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 09:57:39 pm »
Update on image hosting services.
I've tried Imageshack and Photobucket.  Imageshack is terrible, Photobucket is much better.

Offline B_Skurka

• View Profile
    • Snowcat Forums
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 04:52:29 am »
Update on image hosting services.
I've tried Imageshack and Photobucket.  Imageshack is terrible, Photobucket is much better.
I've been using Photobucket for a couple of years with good results.
If you like obsolete tracked vehicles visit my site were the old vehicles still live!  http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Offline houlio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 11:37:05 pm »
What if you set it up under the Photo Gallery?  Members could have a link to a sub page with pictures of their machines.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 09:40:40 pm »
Is there a simple set of instructions of to add pictures to the forum? I just signed on to Photobucket tonight and am very overwhelmed with the various options that they offer. It may as well be in French (I don't speak French).
Is there a simple set of instructions of sending photos to the forum from photobucket? And I mean simple. A basic 1-2-3 of how its done. Anyone answering this request; go slow as you are definetly not working with a computer person.
Any help will be very much apprciated.
I would like to try once before I give up and send them along to be posted for me.
(I AM NOT SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER). lol

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 08:44:06 am »
Ok, I'll try this step by step. 

To load pictures TO PHOTOBUCKET

1)Sign into Photobucket. Click on "MY Album"

2)Now hopefully there should be a box in the middle of your screen saying "images from PC" Click on the "Browse" button below it.

3)After hitting "browse" a window will pop up.  Search through your computer to find your pictures, hopefully you know where they are saved.  Click on the picture you want and hit ok. 
Repeat for more pictures.

4)If you have more that 3 pictures you want to upload hit the "add more" button.  When finished hit "Upload"

TRANSFER FROM PHOTOBUCKET TO FORUM

IMPORTANT: OPEN 2 BROWSER WINDOWS THIS MAKES IT EASIER, one for Photobucket and one for Northern Tracks forum

1) When your in photobucket you should see all your pictures below in small size. You should see 4 lines of writing underneath the picture. Look for IMG Code.  Click in the box where the IMG code is.  Should look similar to this: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mudflinger150/1aca_12-1.jpg[/IM

2) When you click once on the small box with this code in it, it automatically copies it for you.

3) Go to Northern tracks forum, start a new topic.  Take your mouse, go to the top of the web browser to "edit", scroll down the menu to "paste"

4) This should put the line of code into your message.  If you have more picture go back to photobucket and repeat

I should also note that you can make folders for you pictures to keep them seperated.  You may want to learn that, if you do just let me know
I realize that for some of the people with little computer experience this could look daunting.  But once you do it a couple of times it really is quick , it will come more natural.

Any other questions feel free to ask me on here or private message or email, I always try help.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 09:24:01 pm »
SD- Thanks for the instructions. Nice and clear.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 08:23:41 am »

HELP PLEASE ??
To load pictures TO PHOTOBUCKET

I should also note that you can make folders for you pictures to keep them seperated.  You may want to learn that, if you do just let me know
I realize that for some of the people with little computer experience this could look daunting.  But once you do it a couple of times it really is quick , it will come more natural.

Any other questions feel free to ask me on here or private message or email, I always try help.
[/quote]

Swamp Dawg can you show me how to make folders for my pics as I have clolse to 1000 now & it's a chore trying to find a certain one ?? ??? :'( >:(

One contrary OT.

(be quiet grfishmaker)
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 12:12:05 pm »
OT,  the problem with organizing your pictures that you have now, is that all the pictures that you have linked to this site will all become invalid.  That is why some forums want their own site to upload pictures to. 
D. Paulson

I thought that I was wrong once, but I was mistaken

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 02:45:26 pm »

So I guess it's shut up & put up with what I have. I thought you could put them in files now without screwing everything up. OH well....leave well enough alone..

OT'S teed off

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 03:11:55 pm »
I guess you could always edit all your posts with the new link to the pictures, but at almost 900 posts, that could be a big job.
D. Paulson

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 09:07:51 pm »
  You got me lost... All I do when I want to post a pic is go to photobucket, pick out the pic I want, copy it & paste it on NT.

No trouble to mix up an ol' truckers brain ??

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 07:45:24 am »
That's right, but when you  copy/paste, the link contains  the map to find the picture in the web.  When you move the pictures to a new folder, all the old links are not valid anymore so all the posts that you have already made that point to that picture are no good anymore. 
D. Paulson

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 07:35:19 pm »
PICTURE TEST RESIZE
D. Paulson

Offline dpaulson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wadena Steel
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2018, 09:02:13 pm »
To upload pictures,  click on the attachments and other options link.  Browse to the picture on your computer and press upload.  You can upload 4 pictures / post.  If you have more pictures, just start another post.   The pictures will show up as  thumbnail size.  By clicking on the picture, it will display to a max size of 600 X 400 as these pictures are resized upon uploading.  This should stop any broken links as these pictures are stored on the same database as this forum is stored.
D. Paulson