Author Topic: Wanted Bombardier Wheels - Cleats!  (Read 9089 times)

Offline USABOMBERS

• View Profile
Wanted Bombardier Wheels - Cleats!
« on: January 15, 2007, 11:29:25 am »
Wheels for Wide Guage Bomber and Cleats and number available!

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
Re: Wanted Bombardier Wheels - Cleats!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 08:02:52 pm »
Bombardier wheels are getting hard to come by. Try Shaver Enterprises at Stonewall, Manitoba (204)467-2605. He also markets a very good heavy cleat and backing plates for them. He may also have some of the solid rubber wheels from muskeg tractors, M-7's which are ideal as the back wheel assembly as it is the only flat that can prevent you from getting home. I believe he markets a heavier axle setup for the back boggie to accomodate the muskeg tractor wheel. Most people that freight heavy loads around here have already made the change and it frees up 2 wheels for use elsewhere on the machine or for use on the front when the skiis are off. Dan Shaver may be able to help you out on this.

Offline DR.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 09:50:42 pm »
Good Day Cranman!  You use foam in any tires?
DR.R

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 12:30:50 am »
No. I haven't used foam as I'm trying to keep my machine light. They would likely be fine I suppose especially on the back wheel.

Offline CLYDE2GUIDE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 09:41:58 am »
It is true that wheels for the snow coach are getting tougher to find.  Bombardier built these in house and have discontinued them.  Alpine Guide Tire designed and now cast aluminum wheels for Snow coach application.  They will not rust out and always look good.  They are stronger than the original, but still are made to the same spec as the original.  These wheels can be machined for the Muskegg and will also fit the sidewalk plows.  These wheels are a must if we want to keep the snow coach around for another 50 years.  You can contact Alpine Guide tire at 800-473-3360 or email at Info@alpineguidetire.com or sales@alpineguidetire.com.  If all else fails, email me at clydeh@alpineguidetire.com.  We also manufacture a 10" wheel for the Bombi, BR100 etc. for the same reason.  They are no longer supplied by Bombardier or Prinoth.

We also supply "Bearing Buddy" for the Snow Coach and the Bombi.  These are threaded to take the place of the O.E. Caps.  We also have bearings and cups for these wheels.