General Forums > Body

Windshield

(1/3) > >>

grfishmaker:
 I have to replace the windshield in my narrow. Any suggestions as to what kind of glass (saftey or plexiglass?) I should use? Also, will most auto glass places cut out any size windshield piece? Any idea as to the price?

the old trucker:
   Grfishmaker, I think safety glass like is in cars would be the safest. Especialy if your in around the trees like I know you will be. Ha Ha.  I think they can cut almost any size. Sorry, can't help on the price. How is the glass held in place on a woodie ??
  Are you started at your woodie yet ?? Please send along a couple of pics. I saw the work you did on your 53 wide. I'm sure you'll do the same on this one.

the old trucker:

I have been looking at a lot of pics of woodys & I was wondering about the windshield framing. Is the windshield put in place from the inside & held in place with narrow wooden strips ?? Can someone straighten me out on this ??

Thanks,  OT.

gror:
Mine was set in from the outside then a metal frame held it in from the outside.

the old trucker:

Thanks Gror. But I thought the plywood on the roof & the hood section covered the top & bottom with 2 strips on the sides !!

OT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version