General Forums > General Discussion

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS Please sign in.

(1/10) > >>

Swamp Dawg:
Greetings Fellow Bombardier Enthusiasts!

Its getting to be the time of the year when people uncover their old treasures, and start to wrench and prepare for the coming of winter.  (some people dread winter, but us crazy folk live for it).  Everybody has pride in their own individual machine(s), and we all like to discuss our different modifications and experiences, which really makes this site possible.

I have been noticing that a lot of people are signing up for the forum, but it seems they never post anything.  I realize some people just come to read, as I do on some other forums I frequent, but it would be nice to have a few more people active in the forums.  

I believe we have a huge cross section of people already signed up, from young to old, experienced to beginner.  It would sure be nice if some of the experienced guys started posting and schooling us know-nothings.  If anything, just chiming in on a question that people are having a hard time answering.  I myself, am quite new to Bombardiers so I'm not much help when it comes to the history of these machines or the different variations of the machine.  But I'm sure there are a few people on this forum that could write books with the information they hold.

So I would like to do a Roll Call. Think of it as introducing yourself, if you haven't already.  It's always interesting to know where people are from, etc.
It would be great if you provided details on :

Where you live (province/and or city)
How many years you've been around bombardiers, if any.
Maybe your background info (like what you do for a living ie. mechanic, electrician, Truck Driver......)
Which Bombardiers you have (list if you have more than one)
And any other info that you would like to share

Swamp Dawg:
I'll Start off

Name:                Paul Rossington
Experience:         Been around Bombardiers for about 2yrs
Background exp:  Welder/Fabricator/Machinist
Machines:           1952 Metal Narrow Gauge

the old trucker:
Name;              Claude Stratton
Location;           Pasadena, NL.
Experience;        Reading & learning about Bombardiers since reading about Cameron McLean in woodworking mag.
Background Exp; truck driver for 30 yrs.(owner/operator)
now on total disability.
Machines;   Finally got a 47-48 b12 to rebuild from ground up... Summer of 09!!

Favourite Machine;  1947 to 1951 wooden body, wide or narrow.

bluetoque:
Name.. Randy Denny. Prince Albert SASK .Bought my first bug in 1971 a 48 narrow ga wood still have it today. Was going to make my fortune comercial fishing in northern sask but after spending two winters in a wall tent I gave that up. I bought a 56 na ga steel bug from the DNR in meadow lake in 1980 ..we put it thro the ice on Reindeer Lake feb 16/84 in 80`of water. As it was licenced SGI retreived it in june of 85. I still have it today.I bought a third bug this past winter a 74 wi ga steel and am in the process of rebuilding.I am a retired bldg contractor with a passion for these machines since I was a kid. Have met many new freinds in cranberry since we started going to the rallys.

LT:
Hi - Larry Hilworth - Yorkton Sask.   Farm Implement Dealer.   Having seen wide guages in west Yellowstone several years ago, I have wanted a Bombadier ever since.    That was 24 years ago.  In 2006 I finally found one...a 52 (I think) Narrow guage, flat head 6 , 3 on the tree.      Really never did much with it and it runs great.   We use it simply for recreation.   Absolutley luv it and my wife said sell her snowmobile.  She has way too much fun in the Bomby.    It has been a blast.   Would like to find a wide guage someday.   

Read the posts every so often.  Great to hear the stories and the pics are fantastic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version