Author Topic: Gror's rebuild  (Read 21298 times)

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
Re: Gror's rebuild
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 08:50:07 am »
I measured my small window opening for you grfishmaker . Hole is 6 3/8 inches and the glass is 6 inches. Just to let you know my plywood is not original so dont know how accurate that is. Windows seem to fit ok but there is a 1/4 inch gap in my rubber. Hope this helps you.
Thanks Gror, I appreciate the info on the measurement.

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 10:33:32 am »
Pictures are up under the cyl engine section.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 09:20:45 am »
  We got Swamp Dawg's "52" rebuild. We had Houlio's "49" restore. We even have Gror's "50" rebuild. Who's the next one on the list ?? Could it be Grfishmaker's "48" rebuild???. We'll have to wait & see.

By the way Grfishmaker, I'm having a little trouble getting your parcel ready. Hopfuly be done this week.   
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 04:17:14 pm »
  Gror, the next time you take pictures of your rebuild, could you get a few closeups of how the plywood & framing is put together. I'm interested in seeing how the metal brackets that hold the body together are shaped also. It will be greatly appreciated.
   Same goes for any one that has a woodie. All pics are welcome. If you can't put them on here, you all know my email address.

THANKS,  The Old Trucker                                           

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2009, 11:38:51 am »
  Gror old buddy, how did you get on with the linkage for the gas peddle ? You find much difference with engines ? Ford verus Chrysler ! My friend Mike has a 251. Your thoughts are welcome.

Got any pics yet ?? Just curious.

Offline gror

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2009, 08:18:17 pm »
Just had visit with Jim Woods and seen what he did on his newest project he is finishing. I havent had a chance to get it done yet , but have all the parts fabricated to fix it , possibly tommorrow night. Have other issues with the fan and also found out from Jim I need a 6 blade fan and should have that tommorrow. Yes I do have some pictures but want to take some more, When I do Ill get them to Swampdawg to post for me . Also waiting for some ski rods from Shavers, hope to see them this week. Ill keep you hanging for a few more days OT.

Ps; You will have to wait for the seat covers, not doing them till this summer!!

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2009, 07:53:47 am »
  You & Houlio, I don't know who's the worst ! I guess the reason for a six blade fan is that it should push more air to the motor.

What does Jim Woods have on the go ?? If you get a chance, tell us about it. Or better still get a few pics.

I think your holding off on the seat covers because Houlio wants them. Just as well let him have them. I hate seeing a grown man sulk. ha ha ha !!!   

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2009, 09:39:38 am »

Hey GROR !!!!! Where are those pictures you said you were going to show us ??  It's been a month now. By the way, how is Jim Woods doing with his project ?? 

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2009, 07:33:48 am »
  Gror in the third pic down in reply # 38 I noticed that you have a couple of old style looking switches on the left. Can you tell me where you got them ?? I find they blend in with the gauges & the dash. It looks great.

PS; I forgot, I was wondering about where the gauges came from also.

OT.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 05:15:32 pm by the old trucker »

Offline gror

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2009, 05:12:30 pm »
I found them at the local Home Hardware ,but I have also seen them at Canadian Tire and Nappa they are only around 8 bucks . Im using them for Lights and the front heater.You will have to run them through a breaker or relay or they will weld closed on the headlights.     

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2009, 05:17:52 pm »

Sorry Gror I added to my original post while you were posting yours.

Offline gror

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2009, 09:25:22 pm »
Gauges were bought online from JEGGS ,they were very pricey!!

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2009, 10:46:25 am »

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 05:41:32 PM » Quote  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the bellhousing, I was told by the guy I got the machine from that it was busted out on purpose. He said it made it easier to change out the clutch. Dont know about the tank yet but it is in great shape. And yes the seat covers are for sale. Im still working on shifting design but will keep you posted O.T.   Report to moderator    Logged  
_________________________________________________________________________________________
    Gror can you fill me in a little more on how you ran the linkage for the gas & trans. Another thing Gror, in reply # 38, last pic, it looks like you reframed your motor door to accommodate the new handles. Did you put a new skin over the frame also ?? Myself & Mike (57 Rebuild) would like to re skin our motor doors with the louvers punched in them. I noticed yours look like new. Would you or other members know where this can be done ??

OT.   ??? ???