Author Topic: www.allpar.com/mopar/flat.html  (Read 4706 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
www.allpar.com/mopar/flat.html
« on: March 15, 2008, 10:06:48 am »
Just reading an article about the old chrysler flat heads. I found it interesting. Maybe some of you may want to look it.
   www.allpar.com/mopar/flat.html
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Re: www.allpar.com/mopar/flat.html
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 10:27:32 am »
Another site that supplies engine overhaul kits & parts to      rebuild  your old 251. It's called;                       www.kanter.com/PAGE--view_catalog.htm

Hope this stuff will help someone!!!           

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 08:04:10 pm »
The original 251's in the bombardiers were Canadian Industrials but since the every day truck and car engines fit in there so well you can find yourself with a totally different engine. I had what I thought was a 251 and was thinking about ordering rings for it. If you go into the Forums section of Allpar and go into pre 1960, you will see where some of us were attempting to identify our engines by engine numbers and casting numbers. Turns out mine was a 228 out of Fargo one ton made in 1949. There appears to be little difference in some of the engines. The ones in trucks generally had a T at the start of the engine number. The 251 and 265 are pretty much the same except the stoke is a bit longer in the 265. There is a plug in the head you can take out to measure the stroke if you can't find it by the numbers.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 06:50:43 am »
I accept your version of this discussion sir. You are more knowledgeable of this than me. I was just looking through the computer & ran across this bit of info & thought it might benefit someone, somehow. Cranman I am going to make a post in transmissions shortly. I would appreciate it if you gave me & others your thoughts about it.