Performance Forums > Drivetrain

bombardier rim

<< < (2/8) > >>

the old trucker:
   It's a start. They should know the sizing of these bearings. This company says they sell some parts for these machines. Now that I have some ##'s to start with, we'll see where we go with it.
                                                Thanks,   TOT

kpm:
,,different years...have different size bearings...
                                                                     kpm

the old trucker:
  KPM, if that's the case, what's the ##'s of those different size bearings, & the years they belong to ?
I was told that they were the same up to 1956 - 1957. After that they changed to a different bearing. I stand to be corrected on that.
  I know that the j5 has bigger bearings. I plan on calling this supplier on Tuesday. Come on with the info, 10-4!!!

Swamp Dawg:
I'm curious why your going to all this trouble to research wheels.  Have you got a project on the go?

the old trucker:
  Dwag, it's the same reason I went through all the trouble researching tail lights, wiper motors, door handles & whatever else I researched for. I guess you can call it being "old age & headstrong". Same reason Bombardier did research on these old machines.
  I would love to say yes to your question about having a project on the go, but unfortunately I can't tell a lie. I don't have anything on the go. If you would like to donate a wooden body frame to me, then I'd say "YES" in a heartbeat.   
  Guess it's in my blood to help people out if I can, plus I find these machines very interesting. I heard that Bombardier made a press to make his wheels on site. That's 70 years ago. I'm sure we can do it today easier with our advanced skills.
  Life is very short & I'm making the best of it, my friend. It keeps me out of trouble with the boss!!! ha ha ha
  I hope this answers your question.
                                   10/4 you got the old trucker on the side.

PS: I could research on getting that free frame bought down my way!!! For FREE!!!  chuckle  chuckle.       

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version