Author Topic: Piaa lights  (Read 5155 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Piaa lights
« on: March 31, 2008, 06:03:11 am »
    B_Skura in the post on trail talk under lets see those pictures, you talked about the piaa lights. Did you buy them locally? What size diameter & wattage are they? What's the model #?
    I guess they take a replacement bulb. You mentioned about having to use the original switch & couldn't use a regular switch.
    You also mentioned the light has multi functions. Can you tell me how many positions are on the switch & what the function is of each one?
    How many wires go to & from it? Sounds like a good light for my son to have on the front of his truck to help see those damm moose @ night. It, the truck has all heavy duty switches. I will use one of the optional switches.
                                                        Thanks , Claude
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
Re: Piaa lights
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 10:19:02 pm »
Take a look at Lightforce lights.  They make some sturdy lighting.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 04:55:24 am »
They look half decent Dawg. I don't know how they would stand up on the front of a truck on a moose rack. There is a fare bit of vibration there. I have a set of Perlux driving light pots that I've had since 1991. Their stainless & used to have a bulb inside. The pots are still same as new. I found that bulbs didn't last, so I bought 100 watt sealed beams which stood up great. Plus  it gave good light!!
  I found that the regular 6" round helagon headlamp from a four head lamp setup on a car fit perfect. We used to buy the 100 watt sealed beam & put in the old cars. Looks like most of you with machines have the 6" pots on them now. You could put the hi/lo seal beam in & a dimmer switch & you have hi/lo beam headlights. Hey, it worked for me. Should be no excuse for not being able to dim
your lights then. What is on yours for lights??
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:09:38 am by the old trucker »

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 05:45:10 pm »
A set of Hella's.  I forget the series, they are a lower end type.  About $120 or so for the pair.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:14:33 pm »
    Swamp Dawg think the pots are deep enough & big enough round to put a round headlight into?
    Come on man show us a couple more pics of the rebuild. You know I got a bad heart & can't take any more stress!!!