Author Topic: windshield wiper motor  (Read 7798 times)

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
windshield wiper motor
« on: March 25, 2008, 08:22:54 am »
Does anyone have a windshield wiper motor for sale/rent/borrow or trade? It's for a 47-48 narrow gauge (12 volt); the one that sits above the windshield. Thanks.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Re: windshield wiper motor
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 02:03:08 pm »
Grfishmaker I have an idea of what you want. I think I may know of a universal model that may fit. Do it mount with two screws or bolts??? I think it may look simular.  If anyone could show me a picture of one, I will check it out.
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 02:46:43 pm »
Grfishmaker would a wiper off an old loader or skis steer, or forklift be any good??? Is the motor itself inside or outside the window???

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 04:20:57 pm »
Take a look at Houilo's pictures (photo #5 and #7). There's a picture of both an inside view and outside view of the motor and location (top centre of the winshield). I don't know what a loader or forklift wiper motor looks like so no comment on if they would do. There are probably a few originals around on old machines, I just haven't started looking yet. Thought I'd just post for now and see what's out there and if anyone had any. This is for next fall project.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 06:43:51 pm »
I see now what you are talking about. will keep an eye out for you sir. I just had a look @ a forklift & front end loader with wipers on them. I think they are stuck out on the inside too much. You think 3-4" would be deep enough, hey boy!! I'll keep a lookout for you. Houlio, can you get the measurements of the motor & let me know please??

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 09:04:30 am »
Maybe a wiper motor from an older school bus may fit. The one with the wiper hanging down. I was talking to a truck parts store today & they said they have some in stock. What your looking for has two mounting holes & the shaft sticks out in between them. I will be going downtown tomorrow & will have a look @ them for you.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 09:32:32 am »
grfisfmaker check out                                    www.itsasnapwireandcable.com/wiper_kits.html
 May be of some help to you.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 10:46:57 am »
grfishmaker i was just talking to an auto parts store down here. they stock cadel wiper motors. i can't get on their site. it's
     cadel.com
their available in 12 or 24 volt. only one he has left is part#
wwf12c18-720 you can use that ## if you get on site. he said they use them on old farm tractors & the like. it rotates something like 70-80 degrees back & forth.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 07:54:23 am »
Thanks for the info. OT, once again good leads on parts.
For anyone looking for replacing or adding wipers, check out the wiper kit on "itsasnapwireandcable". You can mount the motor up to six feet away from the blades, which makes it very handy for mounting above the windshield without anything protruding into the cab area. Also has a delay and park feature.
I will hang on from purchasing anything as I have a funny feeling the the old trucker will be coming up with a few more choices.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 07:45:27 pm »
grfishmaker punch in      ( scoutparts.com )   look to the top left & see parts finder. Punch in    ( sp 10525 ) click on search. you should see electric wiper motor conversion kit. click on picture. Price is $ 77.99 Even if it's south of the border with exchange rate it's a deal.  looks simular to houlios. let me know if its any good.                       claude

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 03:18:41 pm »
grfishmaker, another one for yea. www.trailquest.com/jeep_cj/wiper_motor.shtml
it's a universal job for old cj's

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 03:52:09 pm »
This is it Grfisfmaker. This is the end of the line for you. Check out jc whitney. Their there. If your not happy with that, you'll have to go west old man. (chuckle) Go to www.fortune3.comreasondog/VINTAGE-wiper_motor_kit_willys_jeeps_12volt_stainless-html. If it don't work call them @ Gemini Sales in Burnaby, BC. Parts for old jeeps. Phone # is (604) 294-2623. Price is $54.00. Now that's Canadian!!! Almost next door to yea. Looks good.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 05:26:21 pm »
I know i'm not very good with computers. I can't use that fortune3.com. Found it scrolling around the net & can find again.
Gemini Sales Inc. & the ph# 604-294-2623 are good. Sorry???

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 11:51:38 am »
I know i'm not very good with computers. I can't use that fortune3.com. Found it scrolling around the net & can find again.
Gemini Sales Inc. & the ph# 604-294-2623 are good. Sorry???
If you look up geminisales.com it will work. Just talking to salesman & he says it's a universal marine motor. The shaft is 6" long. You can cut to adjust length. Maybe a local marine supply may have same.